CrazyBoards.org

1st DBT Workbook Discussion - Join in even if you don't have the book

Hullo. :) I'm starting on my DBT workbook on my own since I can't afford therapy right now and I know there were some here who wanted to have a discussion/talk about it with each other.  Even if you don't have the book you can still join in and do the exercises we talk about.  

The first topic started is "Your Commitment." What are three ways you currently react to your emotions that you are committed to replace with better ways to cope? You can post your replies here or at the community here

I've done the DBT course twice, but I still work on it and still forget to use it. So:

1. I am committed to not assuming that other peoples negative emotional states and communication is linked to me and my shortcomings. It is okay for other people to be angry or fearful or sad without me having been the cause or the responsibility.

2. I am committed to not using food to block painful emotions.

3. I am committed to being honest about my boundaries rather than manipulating others by trying to please them.