CrazyBoards.org

Latuda late night snack ideas

Usually I take my latuda with dinner, but sometimes I want to stay up later.  

What are some late night snacks that are right at 300 calories and not way over, and which are relatively healthy?

I had a grilled cheese earlier as a snack.

I'm allowed 1 carb choice for my snacks and here's what I've found that works for me:

38 Veggie Straws (don't know how widely they're available in the US) + 1 5.5 oz of V8 or hot & spicy V8

1 6 oz of yogurt + 1 babybell lite cheese + half a banana

1 100 calorie pack of snacks + 1 5.5 oz V8

1 turkey and cheese made dry (or with mustard) along with either 1 slice of bread or 1 whole sandwich round

That's all I can think of right now.  It's early for me.

Edit:  I misunderstood the question.  Sorry.  FWIW, the doctor told me that it metabolizes better if the calories come mostly from a protein source.

Edited by MrTastybutt

I don't take latuda but I love thinking about snacks:

If you have a blender you could make a smoothie. My favourite is banana, strawberries (I freeze them and just take out a handful as I need them), milk, plain natural yoghurt milk and ground flax seeds. Nut butters and avocado are good for bringing up the calorie count and making them nice and creamy too.

Veggie soup and crackers might be nice. (Especially if you can make a big batch of soup in advance and freeze it.)

Microwave scrambled eggs are really easy. 2 eggs and a piece of toast would probably work out around 300 calories.

Hummus and veggie sticks, if you like to eat hummus. Maybe also some bread sticks.

Is it calories or fat that make the latuda metabolize? I, too, love ice cream, but the idea is to find a 250-300 calorie snack that can be eaten at night and not make us totally fat in the long run. Even if you split the dose- as I understand it- you still need 300 calories for it to metabolize.

I have to take mine at night because it knocks my ass out. Last night, I had a McDonalds pumpkin spice latte. I'm sure the cals were all in the whipped cream. I can't do that every night. Usually, my snack involves peanut butter or hummus.

Is it calories or fat that make the latuda metabolize? I, too, love ice cream, but the idea is to find a 250-300 calorie snack that can be eaten at night and not make us totally fat in the long run. Even if you split the dose- as I understand it- you still need 300 calories for it to metabolize.

I have to take mine at night because it knocks my ass out. Last night, I had a McDonalds pumpkin spice latte. I'm sure the cals were all in the whipped cream. I can't do that every night. Usually, my snack involves peanut butter or hummus.

Per page one of the PI Sheet, recommended calories are 350. (http://latuda.com/?gclid=CL6AtpSg37kCFeqDQgodsVwAew Link is top center of page.)

Also:

"LATUDA exposure was not affected as meal size was increased from 350 to 1000

calories and was independent of meal fat content [see Dosage and Administration (2.3)]." Page 39

Contrary to the above, the only time I experience sedation or any mild akathisia is when I eat a fatty desert like ice cream with dinner. Maybe it's psychological or maybe their study doesn't fully represent reactions of all people.

Smoothies sound like a great idea.

Frozen yogurt? It's healthier than ice cream and I actually like it better. I have frozen green yogurt with mango and it's soooo good. 

What about popcorn? Home popped, with little salt. You can get different seasonings for it, lower sodium. Pop it in low fat oil, no trans fat. I've been eating that a lot lately.

Thanks... 

Yeah, I'm overweight so I don't like the idea of eating a late night snack, and I want to be careful that the snack isn't like, 350 calories of sugar... I think a protein shake is a good idea and relatively easy... almond butter sandwich, maybe, too... veggie soup, hummus.

I usually take my pill with dinner (usually 6:00 or 6:30) but then it usually makes me go to bed around 10:30 or 11:00, which is pretty early for me... but not a bad thing, really.  It is just that occasionally I will want to watch a movie late at night with my girlfriend, so I will take it later then.

I like feta (the block kind), cherry tomatoes, and crackers.

I also pretty much constantly keep steel cut oats in the fridge (there is an overnight soak method that is sooo easy). Sometimes I had maple syrup, sometimes butter and sugar. I actually have a "dedicated covered pot" for oatmeal (STEEL CUT. The other kind (rolled) is gross).

I am out of cottage cheese, but I love cottage cheese with a bit of salt, and some fruit cut into it. I have a jar of chunky applesauce to use as a last resort if we run out of fruit.

Also, a veggie burger with some tomato and a condiment, in a bun. Depending on the flavor (for black bean, I use salsa instead of ketchup).

One of skinny (7 pack)  Hebrew National hotdogs is around 150k (not counting bun).