CrazyBoards.org

Reporting for Recovery... Let's do a head count

Well Bonjour to all,

Fell in love with the wit of the board and couldn't resist. I admire the tenacity and graciousness of the community and I would love a piece!

I'm Enrichie, or Richie is cool, whichever you prefer.

In terms of myself, I had early onset depression from maybe 10 or 11, first major episode at 12 because of a crush gone wrong (I know what you're thinking and I agree!) Also at the tender age of 12, I discovered dysthymia, but my mother talked me out of it. From then on, I've had at least 7 episodes with not a clue of the underlying cause but of the trivial ones (bullying, failing a class, best-friendship issues, moving schools, etc.)

I've also always dealt with an abusive sister who I believe has BPD. She specifically is violent and extra-specifically with me with a side of fine-tweaked emotional abuse. I recently discovered the profound effect she's had on me and even more recently, have understood that I am dysthymic for the most part and believe that the abuse made it worse.

Those two aspects are the meat of it all, but as everyone knows there's always more potatoes and veggies.

My family has been heavily blessed... (2 NPD, 2 BiPolar, 1 Schizophrenia, 1 BPD, Depression/Dysthymic at least 3 generations) a true mosaic.

I'm now 19 and was accepted to the program of my dreams, but among other disappointments, realized I couldn't hack it. It's now or never (at least in my mind) and I want to recover. Current Dx: major depressive episode and I've been prescribed Wellbutrin.

I can usually cope with a quick yoga session, sketching, stand-up comedy, dressmaking, singing (I promise I don't break mirrors), painting and daydreaming. Wallowing seems to be a staple, although I'm pretty sure it doesn't qualify as coping.

Thank you for all your posts and future help. I hope to be of the same value!

Edited by Enrichie

Hello and Welcome to Crazyboards!

You've probably already done so, but we ask all our new members to read the the User Agreement to ensure we're all on the same page.

I hope you're not giving up on the program you wanted in to--you've got plenty of time to try again.

Be sure to check out chat and feel free to start a blog.

Again, welcome!

Please give the Wellbutrin a fair trial---it may be just the thing for you.  Is your doctor going to move you up to 300mg?  If 150 doesn't seem to do much, hold on for the larger dose.

I hope we can be a support to you and I'm glad you came here.

Welcome!

olga

Thanks guys! I've been to the user agreement 3 times I think phoenix. It always gives me a good laugh. It's good to keep it lighthearted right?

I'm definitely going back into my program! I couldn't and wouldn't give it up. I'm going to use a good 11 months to recover though.

Please give the Wellbutrin a fair trial---it may be just the thing for you.  Is your doctor going to move you up to 300mg?  If 150 doesn't seem to do much, hold on for the larger dose.

I hope we can be a support to you and I'm glad you came here.

Welcome!

olga

Yeah, I have a lot of faith in wellbutrin and I'm hoping to not take too many different medications. Hopefully I can just stick with the one.

I feel like the 150 is helping, but it may just be a slight change in attitude. My doc wants to see where I am at 150 after two weeks and see if there is need for 300 mg.

Thanks olga!

Hey --

I was reading your intro and was sympathetic to you having to deal with a large part of your family having mental disorders.  I have quite a few in the family (including myself) with disorders and it is a serious pain in the ass, isn't it?  Particularly when some are untreated, or worse, unTREATABLE. I am dealing with a mother in law who more than likely has NPD (narcissistic PD) and I think that's the worst of all.  They're just repulsive people and are utterly beyond help, since they don't ever believe that they need help.  Oh.  I hope you haven't been given that diagnosis.  If so, please ignore those last two sentences. Anyway, I empathize with your situation and hope that you get some peace of mind out of being on here and sharing stuff with everyone.