CrazyBoards.org

Abilify was like a life saver initially. I was on a low dose for MDD. I was on it for perhaps four years and during that time developed diabetes and went off of it. Abilify is one of the AAPs least likely to cause diabetes, however, I would advise you to get your glucose levels checked regularly.

Thank you for the responses. Today started out to be a manic nightmare but I took the abilify and it quieted me down some, but I'm still agitated. I'm in the process of having a new drug cocktail and getting off of ADs that are making me go insane. I hope it won't be long for me to feel better! I'm taking lamictal as well, so I hope the two of these together will be good.

I personally love Abilify. At low doses I found it made me agitated but once I got to the higher doses I found it really helped with my symptoms and I have pretty much no side effects from it. I've been at 20mg ever since, it's really helped with my paranoia and hallucinations, I'm pretty sure I'd be in a much worse place without it.