CrazyBoards.org

Pristiq withdrawal from hell!

I have no advice for you, just wanted to know that you're not alone. I straight up quit it, bad, bad idea. Don't do that. But I felt like I was dying, I had head spins, 'brain zaps', the shakes and I felt like I had a fever. I do know that it went away after about 10 days, how long has it been?

Oh man, I couldn't imagine going cold turkey off of this sh!t but it's tempting, cuz the tapering game gets old. This is the second day of tapering. Just want to be off of it already. :(

Oh man, I couldn't imagine going cold turkey off of this sh!t but it's tempting, cuz the tapering game gets old. This is the second day of tapering. Just want to be off of it already. :(

Erinface, how long have you been on it? I'm about 3 weeks into taking it, and it's making me nuts. I know they say give it 4-8 weeks, but for quite a while I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to take any AD's (since I take dilantin for seizures), and I was okay with getting through my shit the hard but un-drugged way.

UPDATE

So now I'm tapering to taking 50mg every other day, this is the first day of doing it. I'm not depressed at all, mostly because I'm bp2 so antidepressants make me worse, but getting quite a bit of brain zaps, tiredness and shakiness. It's been 8 days total worth of tapering. Ugh wish I never was prescribed this stuff :(

• 3 weeks later...

I recently came off Zoloft and Effexor after tapering a few weeks. It's been uncomfortable, but the worst is over after a month or so.

I don't mind the brain zaps, but the agitation, fatigue, insomnia, and body aches are annoying.

I've come off ADs several times in the past 20 years; it can be done. Just takes time, my friend :)