CrazyBoards.org

Hi there

So, after lurking on chat for a few days I thought it was probably about time that I came on here and introduced myself properly.

I'll be going by Avandris on here (suffice to say that isn't my real name), I'm 26 years old and I live in the UK. As for my particular brand of crazy, well...I don't think I've ever really been given any official diagnosis, although depression has been connected to me since I was about 14 years old. Around this time I started cutting and have been doing so off and on since then. I have experienced occasional auditory and visual hallucinations.

Umm, I'm never sure how much to share in these introductory posts. I have social anxiety for sure, interacting with people is exhausting to me, probably mild paranoia and rock bottom self-esteem. My two romantic relationships have been abusive in a variety of ways and as a result of this (and other experiences within and out with my family) I struggle to trust people. Almost three years ago my mother passed away to cancer and I feel as if I have lost the one person in this world that understood me.

My life is crumbling. I had to leave my university course because I simply wasn't able to make myself leave the house to attend lectures or placement, I live with my father whom I can't bring myself to be honest with and I have no friends.

No one knows what I feel inside, how tiring and empty this life is to me. And I guess that's why I'm here...hoping I can find some comfort amongst others like me.

So uh...that's me. Hi.

Edited by Avandris

Avandris, welcome to Crazyboards.  I ask all new members to read the rules, just so they know how we operate.

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mother.  It must be very hard to lose one's mother at such a young age, and I can see that it has been a terrible blow for you.

If you've been hanging around for a few days, I'm sure you realize that we are a pro-medication and pro-therapy site.  I hope that you will seek out professional help because it sounds like you are having a very difficult time.  We have other members from the UK, and I hope they will also welcome you and maybe give you some pointers in terms of getting in to see a psychiatrist for a formal evaluation.

Again, welcome.  I hope you make some friends here and enjoy hanging out with us.

olga