CrazyBoards.org

So I have been put on abilify to add to the lithium in hopes of stabilizing me more since I just got out of a 2 week long manic episode and then was becoming agitated and depressed. So that is good news...

Heres the crappy situation I need input advice on:

At work yesterday I was very upset because I was having to do all the work and I work in a customer service type job and was not being nice to customers because I was completely overwhelmed. Everyone was so loud and obnoxious and I had to do like 3x more because everyone else scheduled was socializing or finding pointless things to do. What really upset me was at the end of the night a coworker said "you looked miserable all night, your life is not bad there are a lot of people with a lot more problems then you" I could not believe she would say something so terrible to me. She didn't have to do all the work yesterday, she gets paid for doing NOTHING. and turned the other coworker against me and tried to manipulate me into doing things for her after we closed because she wanted to socialize more with coworker. I said "NO!" Now I worry though I am going to get in trouble for not being friendly to customers by management. I am doing my BEST despite how I feel.

People with mental illness do not have to have negative or painful circumstances to be emotionally unwell. Its our brain. I have NO tolerance for people who try to make me feel worse for having a condition I am doing all I can to treat.

Idiot. Such a selfish idiot.

Customer service is a nightmare by a "normal" person's standards. Add MI to that and it can be even worse. I quit my last job back in the summer (I was a cashier) when my manager complained that I wasn't being friendly. I kind of flew off the handle and stormed out of the store. I don't regret it.

What your coworker said is such a typical bullshit thing for someone who doesn't get it to say. Tell her to go fuck herself.

I would be pissed off too & echo the comment that working in customer service with MI is rough. All of my jobs have been in customer service and I have always struggled with it. To the point that I've lost a job recently b/c of my struggles. I hope you don't get into trouble. And I HATE it when you're working your butt off while coworkers are effing off and socializing. And your shitty coworker is an asshat and doesn't know what she is talking about. That was a rude and thoughtless thing to say. Hope your situation improves.

Thank you all so much for your support. I am *trying* to keep my chin up, but it is hard. I work tomorrow, luckily this coworker will not be there, but hopefully management wont want to speak with me. I have a hard time separating peoples insensitivity and ignorance with the reality of my condition. I need to believe and accept that they simply have no clue and do not understand.

It's outrageous, and I wish I could think of a way getting back at her for you. Maybe the second she walks through the door, "God, you've been a bitch all day. Snap out of it, you're already behind!" Nah, probably not. I like to fantasize about things like that.

This kind of crap is so tiresome. My sister does this to me. What I have taken to doing is turning it back. When she complains about her job or her finances, I say "yeah, that sucks, but it's like you said to me: it could always be worse." I'm sure this is probably immature, but it is also satisfying.

This kind of crap is so tiresome. My sister does this to me. What I have taken to doing is turning it back. When she complains about her job or her finances, I say "yeah, that sucks, but it's like you said to me: it could always be worse." I'm sure this is probably immature, but it is also satisfying.

I like that comeback mim!!!

And I can totally relate to the whole retail working thing. It is so damn easy to get burned out and fast too. I don't envy you. I'm sorry that coworker said such a nasty thing to you.

I did not get in trouble nor did anyone bring it up to me. Yesterday I worked with the coworker who made that comment and surprisingly she was nice to me, and asked if I am feeling better. People confuse me...???...

I have been trying to be more friendly to customers, because I cant afford to get in trouble.

*Also* the abilify has really helped me out & I find myself overall more balanced now. Its a good adjunct to the lithium for me IMO.

Hopefully the rest of this week will be good. Fingers crossed.