CrazyBoards.org

Feel like I'm going crazy

I feel like I'm losing my mind here. I can't focus on anything. I feel angry and irritable. I yell and scream and hit myself out of frustration. I am easily overwhelmed by the most simple of tasks. I feel full of negative pent up energy and it's coursing through my body in the most painful way. I am also severely fatigued feeling.

I feel like I am going to snap!

Can I just say {{hugs}} and that I totally understand?!  That's how I feel most of the time... and I'm sorry you're in the same boat.

Are you able to get in touch with a doctor--maybe soon--talk about some meds?

In the meantime, when I get that kinda pissed-off at the world energy, I try to do something with it...walk, exercise, clean...something to burn off the energy. There are days I wished I had a punching bag with my H's face on it because I'd kick the crap right out of it!

If you're fatigued, that can make it all worse too...If you can, get some good sleep--that tends to help me when I'm ultra-bitch...well, that and meds. No shame in getting some meds...

I'm reading, surreal.

Like Brokendishes, I find movement is a good outlet for the agitation and irritability.  I'll vacuum, dance around my room, do jumping jacks, clean the shower, take out the trash, etc.  Sometimes journal writing or shredding paper helps, as do strong sensations like taking a cold shower.  And yes, sometimes I just scream, too.

Hang in there.  People will be in and out of chat all day if you need a distraction or support.

I am not sure about your medication and treatment situation, but I do hope you can get some support.

I feel the same way all the time(with the execption of hitting myself) I used to make myself feel better by exercising..it does help relieve some stress, or listening to my favorite music. I see that you're currently unmedicated too..is there any way you could start meds again? may also help

Thanks for your kind words everyone.

I do have a pdoc appt Oct. 11th so it's about two weeks away. I hope I can make it. There's no other option for me but to wait though unless I go to the ER. I just want to say though that I feel a bit better today since I didn't go to work. I feel a little more relaxed than last night and the tension has seemed to wear off a bit. I'm sure it will get worse again by Sunday night since I have to work Monday. ARGH! I just can't cope with stress. :(

Hang in there until your appointment. Can you call to see if they have any earlier appts available, in the event someone cancelled? The facility I used to go to encouraged us to do that (because often scheduling was 3+ weeks out).

I know it is cliched, but deep, focused breathing can really help that my-chest-is-gonna-explode feeling. Google "Square Breathing" for tips that work best for your learning style (you can find it on video, images or written).

I just want to say though that I feel a bit better today since I didn't go to work. I feel a little more relaxed than last night and the tension has seemed to wear off a bit. I'm sure it will get worse again by Sunday night since I have to work Monday. ARGH! I just can't cope with stress. :(

For me, I felt like this at the beginning of the time when I had to stop doing everything and lead a low stress life (back in about 2001) because I started hallucinating.  It started with having panic attacks, bad ones, and I would also get really dizzy and nauseous, to the point where I'd need to take medication until it finally passed, only to have another panic attack because I had to go out the next day. 

It would happen every single time before I had to do something that was a commitment.  Over time the stress and anxiety added up and I had a psychotic break at the end of 2002, and totally started hallucinating for the first time ever.  To this day, any stress will bring on hallucinations.  I can't always live up to commitments either.  I can say I will something, but there is a big chance I won't be able to follow through.

Also, I'd make sure to get enough sleep because that played a role with things too for me.