CrazyBoards.org

Issues with blog formatting.

When I write a blog entry, I like to use a lot of the formatting & BBC features (bold, italic, font size, numbered/bullet lists, etc.) to give whatever I am writing a little more character.

The issue: Before I submit the blog post it looks like how I wrote it, however after I submit the post & view the actual post it is severely fucked up (is that a technical term?).

Example: http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/blog/1907/entry-55454-things-you-need-to-know/

Notes:

1. the original post I submitted did not look like this
  • nothing was centered except the larger sized text
  • it was not doubled spaced at all
  1. I did not copy and paste anything, everything is originally typed (which I know can be an issue at times)
  2. I tried editing the BBC code, and it did not fix it. It went back to what it looked like after I submitted it the first time.

It might be a user error, but right now I am not sure what to do about it & how to not do whatever I am doing wrong.

I like using a lot of emphasis and formatting as well.  The "Rich Text / What You See Is What You Get" (WYSIWYG) editing format is nice to use on this board, but on the other hand I also find it fairly easy to break.  I cannot tell you the number of times that I have had to manually go into the code and fix the formatting in the top of my profile when I wanted to make a change to it, for an example-- all those different fonts and colors?  Yeah, it used to be more complicated, and if I tried to add anything I would wind up with things like [/ JARGON ] in the middle of my profile.

So as much as I hate to say it, I would stick to only using a few things for emphasis if you want things to show up the way you wrote them.  For example, you can have a list, OR you can have centered text, but you may not be able to get away with using both in the same entry.   It sucks, I know!  The other alternative is to learn what BB Code you're using to do what with, and manually type it all in.  You won't be able to see what it looks like until you publish, but because you know what code is doing what, you MAY be able to fix whatever breaks.

Edited by saveyoursanity

Sys & VE, thanks :)

I did go back and edit the BBCode and holy fuck!!! LOL! It is just a mess :P I can understand it getting a bit [/ JARGON]ed (:D) considering how much code I use. I could just try to keep it simple as suggested, but I love to animate my words. It makes it easy-to-read with colorful words & phrases for readers who have trouble keeping concentration like I do. I went back and edited all the code and it seemed to fix things better than I thought! I might strictly use the 'Code Mode' editor from now on. It's not an inconvenience or anything of the sort. I just can get a tad lazy at times ^_^

Thanks Sys & VE. Relatively simple but helpful answers from both!