CrazyBoards.org

I was fired from my full-time job that I had for 10 years about a month ago, leaving me with no health insurance until January when the Affordable Care Act takes effect.  My medication (citalopram) isn't working and I just feel like shit.  In addition to depression, I'm diagnosed with ADHD, and I strongly suspect that I may have social anxiety, although that's never been diagnosed. 

Since I lost my job, I've decided to be a stay at home mom to my daughter, which is wonderful, but I tend to get a bit weird when I don't see others very often, which of late is just my state of affairs.  I talk to my mom once a day and see my husband and my daughter, but that's about it.  I don't even like to go outside into our yard because we have an obnoxious old lady neighbor who always has some thing to say in the way of "advice".  When I was feeling better, I thought it was funny, but now I just can't deal with it, so I just don't go outside unless I have to.  I am so freaking depressed that I can't even bring myself to go visit my best friend who basically shares a backyard with me (of course, I can't do that anyway right now because she's on vacation).

I have no energyto do anything.  I have little to no patience with my daughter, who is 4 and deserves better.  I'm not currently suicidal, but I know my pattern and I'm heading in that direction if I don't do something.  I just don't know what to do.  Without health insurance, I can't afford to go to the pdoc.

Edited by Silvaticus

Search your area for a community mental health clinic that operates on a sliding scale. I have no insurance and this has been a complete life saver for me the past few years.

This. It's a great suggestion. I hope you're able to get the help that you need. I'm sorry your medication is not working very well.