CrazyBoards.org

Side effects of Midrin and/or Flexeril

Hey, those of you who use Midrin, Flexeril, or both, have you any hallucinations? It is kind of stretching it to be called a hallucination, but I can't think of a more direct word.

Last night, I turned off the last light, and had to walk around the bed, and Violet's steps (too old to jump anymore). But as soon as the light went out, I couldn't see anything "real" at all, I just had these neon colored matrices filling up my vision. One would start, stay for a few seconds, and just as it faded away, a new, differently colored one. I became so disoriented I had to ask DH to turn on his light. Once the light went on, I had a bit of weirdness, but not that intense.

To be honest, it was mesmerizing, but being unable to find my bed sucked.

If you have had an experience like that, or any visual experience as well on either of these meds, could you let me know? It is really hard to type, so I am going to stop and go to sleep. Thanks, all!

I actually do that all the time. Before bed & after turning out all the lights I usually read, write or draw which causes me to focus on some kind of white paper w/ black writing. And when the light is artificial it causes my eyes & brain to go funky. However I have to admit, the nights where I am on the computer or my tablet, the neon 'halos' are much more vivid.

And besides the neon 'halos', I often see neon orbs & colored zigzags. The orbs tend to move side to side with my eyes, however they still seem dormant which in the moments make me feel like I am falling over, or even at times my eyes are convulsing. It sounds crazy :P but that is the only way I know how to describe them ATM.

For me it is a combination of being night blind & photosensitive (which I think is a sick joke, as I said in the COMPLAINT BOX). I have never been on Midrin & only been on Flexeril once due to my body pains, so I am positive it is not a side-affect (for me atleast).

Is this the first time you saw the neon colors in the darkness? Do they move at all?

I don't remember ever "seeing" things that weren't there (like the neon colors you described).  Mostly I just felt so heavily sedated that I *couldn't* see anything.  I was in such a heavy-lidded drowsiness, even at just half my prescribed dose of flexeril, that I couldn't pry my mind and eyes open enough to get to the bathroom to pee without shuffling along, feeling my way there with my hands.  This happens pretty much every time I take anything notoriously sedating, though.  And I don't have the flexeril for migraines, its for something else.  Sorry, if this is not particularly helpful :(

I take Midrin and Flexeril. The Flexeril has never given me anything like what you're describing. One of the reasons I like it so much is that it actually does not mess with my head.

I'm not so sure about the Midrin. It's a little hard to say conclusively, because I get auras with my migraines something fierce and by the time I'm hitting the Midrin lots of things look weird. But mostly what I see is peculiarly colored tunnel vision and bright back-lighting behind sedentary objects. When I close my eyes I can still see bright patches.

Thanks, everyone, for your experiences. It really could be auras, now that I think of it. It happened once before when I was having all kinds of psychotic features, and thought that was the cause.

I do seem to see things move. Not like flying through the air, but if I turn and look at something, there is kind of a time lag where I see (let's say) a piece of furniture, and it "readjusts" its position. Purely passive. Actually, that sounds very migraine-y too.

I love the flexeril. I am puzzled by the midrin.

At certain times crtclms, sometimes I chalk it all up to neuro-clusterfuck :P Or rather "general neurological weirdness'.

For me atleast, there are times where I get odd neurological symptoms like the moving orbs, neon halos, or even the Todd's Paralysis/AIWS without any explanation. Mostly I believe it is because of *such disorder* or *such complication*. Other times I wonder if it is just my brain being wired oddly :huh:

Um, much of my life I just assumed everyone saw auras and other weirdness. When I figured out they didn't, I figured it was just my odd wiring. Then I was told that I have migraines, so some explanation. But I have other weirdness that I never think to ask if anyone else experiences. For example, does anyone else ever see the patterns in highly patterned objects move, like flow as in the swirls in the tile on the floor swirl around? When it happens, I can be mesmerized but usually can blink it away and always know it's not real. Maybe this is migraine related, too. Any ideas? 

Um, much of my life I just assumed everyone saw auras and other weirdness. When I figured out they didn't, I figured it was just my odd wiring. Then I was told that I have migraines, so some explanation. But I have other weirdness that I never think to ask if anyone else experiences. For example, does anyone else ever see the patterns in highly patterned objects move, like flow as in the swirls in the tile on the floor swirl around? When it happens, I can be mesmerized but usually can blink it away and always know it's not real. Maybe this is migraine related, too. Any ideas? 

Yes! Absolutely, I relate.

I also see patterns move. What this entails? I have no idea. I never really though much about it.

Does anyone else with migraines have trouble with white paper? Especially with black writing? Or what about light? Anyone else have trouble seeing words or pictures in natural or artificial light, where you have to move your head around to see it clearly?

I have another Optometrist appointment next Tuesday, because of said things. I have had my eyes checked a hundred times because of things like that, only to find my eyes are fine. I keep putting of another neuro appointment; because my neuro is an ass & says it means nothing. It may not mean something specific, but it has to be attributed with something.

Now that I have progressive glasses, I have to do the bobblehead move to make things focus. Looks silly and is frustrating, but I think that's something different. :)

When white noise was turning into music, very annoying, my pdoc told me to see a neuro. I got my hearing checked instead. It was fine. Actually, that doc thought I was a nut job. He also suggested the neuro. I just waited until it went away. It did when I mentally stabilized. I still think it was psych, not neuro, but who knows. Anyway, going to an eye doc reminded me of my opt out to the audiologist.

I don't really care about the oddball stuff, but if it is disrupting your life, then see a new neuro who will take you seriously.

The eye-doc is definitely an opt out. There is no way I can really deny that :P

My experience with neurologists is not pleasant, I feel many of time I am brushed off as being crazy. Even when being diagnosed with Migraines w/ Aura and Optical Migraines its as if they try to give me excuses and send me to some other doctor. Which is why I believe seeing a Optometrist might be helpful, anyway. 

And I apologize crtclms, I am pretty sure I hijacked your thread >_<