CrazyBoards.org

Antibiotics that won't mess with your cocktail...

I'm fighting bronchitis right now and will be seeing my gdoc soon, I'm pretty sure he's gonna prescribe me an antibiotic. Are there any out there that don't have any drug interaction with abilify, lamictal, ativan? What does your doc give you?

I would suggest to NEVER take cipro and related antibiotics in that class.  Not really because of interactions but because of the permanent side effects that can happen.  Peripheral neuropathy comes to mind.  I am too lazy.cant concentrate well to google it and find a link but if you google cipro and side effects some can be permanent.  I think there is even a new black box warning for it.

Unfortunately, since I'm allergic to penicillin, I've had cipro in the past, lots.  I haven't had it in years tho, instead the docs seem to like doxycycline.  When I was very young, they used eurythromicin a lot.  I'm new to the meds for BP so I have no advice.  Just wanted to say that sometimes you can't avoid things since there's only a few besides penicillin.