CrazyBoards.org

I am the same way (on 5 mg Abilify)...when I'm busy/active I don't feel too tired, but when I'm just sitting around, zzzzzzzzzz, I can fall asleep anywhere, any time. I've been around and around with my pdoc on it, and other than taking multivitamins and such, there's not much she could offer. I am taking Deplin, which has improved my energy somewhat (the sleepiness used to be way worse than it is now, to the point where I couldn't get out of bed in the morning). My pdoc says Deplin works for a small percentage of her patients and I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Good luck fighting this. I have more or less gotten used to it. I plan my activities for earlier in the day and I try to keep busy with things so that I'm not sitting idle. And sometimes I just sleep, and that's how it is.

It makes me sleepy no matter when I take it. I'm on 7.5 mg, which I take at night. I have not found anything to combat the sleepiness. I was actually approved for disability because of my oversleeping issues because I can not function at all without an extreme amount of sleep. I hope you can find a better way to combat this.

What time of the day do you take it?  It makes me tired too, and I take 30 mg at night so it is when I am home and am able to sleep after taking it.

5 mg twice a day.  I always coordinate to take 1 before work the days I am scheduled. So whatever time that is and then when I get home. The days I am off one in the AM and one in the PM. The sleepiness is getting better actually.