CrazyBoards.org

I notice a lot of people are a lot more emotional than me, for example in traffic they will get huffy if someone cuts them off where as I feel nothing a lot of the time except for when I lose my shit and see red but most the time with things that should offend me such as negative remarks(insults) and insolent driving I just draw a blank emotionally. Maybe I'm just classy but it's also a schizoid trait.

I don't either. The only time I usually react emotionally is when something that I don't like happens (it's a short list of things) and then I just get extremely angry, but don't show it. It's just a mental anger that goes away either in a couple hours or when I sleep. I don't know about any mental disorder, but I wouldn't say it's a bad thing.

I suppose I tend to have stunted  emotions most of the time.  I react to stressors in a mellow manner when I'm with people.  I contemplate the incidents usually when I'm by myself.   Very little phases me and I tend to reacted minimally ; perhaps it b/c of the meds or mellowing with age.   

Like you, I don't often have a feeling reaction to things. I do have occasional emotional experiences, often sadness, irritability or even outright anger, but they are usually brief, though they may be intense. If I can distract myself, or write down the feelings, they often pass within an hour or less, and don't return even if I think about the same situation or thought that triggered them initially.

For the most part I fake emotional responses to daily happenings, like traffic or other people's behavior, but don't feel them. If I'm caught off-guard, or if someone is telling me something in person or online, and I know they want my input but I can't discern their emotions, I may react incorrectly, or not at all. It can be a source of considerable pressure, and it can be quite damning socially.

I don't have anything constructive to offer, I'm sorry. I haven't found anything that helps this. Maybe being in behavioral therapy long enough will yield some results, I don't know. Honestly, I don't want to be negative or doom and gloom, but I think this is just part of who I am now.

• 2 weeks later...

My emotions are muted in a sense. Sometimes the volume goes up for awhile, but most of the time it's like they are happening somewhere else. I've tried to express them but they fuck up what I'm trying to say and I start loathing them. The most pure emotional states happen when watching a film or listening to music, some really visceral experience.

My affect is pretty flat.

I still have emotions... usually. I've gotten the "how can you just stand there and not care" talk so many times because people have seen me not react at all to something strongly emotional. My mind is just blank. People think I don't care at all. I do care, it just doesn't show very well. >.>