CrazyBoards.org

I hate my f$%#ing co-worker

rachael

Just started work at a new place, a co-worker was preparing a draft with a tight deadline, and when he seemed to have trouble getting things done in time, I sent a rather long list of suggestions saying I was trying to help and that there was no obligations to take these into account. Get back an email saying those suggestions are all useless, I was delaying his work (!) and I should have been doing something else instead (mind you, I am more senior (though not his direct superior) and was basically helping on something I did not need to help).

I tried to clarify calmly that I meant no offense, even finished a small bit I promised to contribute and get back more emails telling me I have no manners, no respects, am trying to show off. It seems he has a track record for being a fucking asshole, and I got support from other people.

Anyway, fuck some people, and you cant even punch them directly to their annoying faces! I must however admit that I have a really really hard time staying polite when people act like that.

How do you deal with assholes at work?

Avoid him. Evidently you have coworkers that already know what the score is with this person. Eventually most everyone will figure him out.

I've got a similar situation at work. Guy hasn't done a lick of work in 1.5 years. All he does is take work others have already done and then pull them all into a larger file and stick his name on the front page. Thing is, he is slipping. If you look at the graphics, you can see other names in them. It's hard work not really doing anything. Sounds like your guy is similar. Sooner or later, they'll get caught. Then, I'm going to sit back and enjoy the show. You should bring popcorn. 

Hey, I hate one of my coworkers also! To the point that I just feel so pissed off being around her sometimes, plus she is a psycho with mental issues and she isn't doing anything about those because I don't  think she thinks there is anything wrong with her; the rest of us do though and most of the others I work with hate her too! It isn't from lack of trying with her either.  She is just arrogant, bossy and thinks she knows everything and even when superiors put her in her place, she doesn't get it or argues with them for fuck's sake! I guess this is one of our challenges in our lives, trying to deal with difficult people.  Which reminds me, I have a book called just that, Dealing with Difficult People; thanks for reminding me, I think I will re-read it! :)

Ooh, you're evil! I love it! I have told the silly bitch that she isn't the boss but she must have skin as thick as a crocodile's!

I am also thinking of something I used to be able to do, but I get too worked up nowadays; that is to totally ignore the asswipes and they actually get upset and wonder why you are not taking notice of them! Sometimes works.  If you can manage not to get upset and ignore them.  If not, then maybe Hamster's approach is worth a shot? Just be careful, it would be bad to lose your job over someone like that, especially when they deserve to lose their job! Also, probably a quiet word with someone more senior/further up the ladder just to let them know that you are having problems, that you are not complaining/dobbing but that there is an "issue".  Hopefully some other ideas will come up here!

The day continued with the most amazing insults I have ever heard, both directed at me and other people, and at least the asshole got some ass-whopping and was removed from the group I work in. My happiness at the moment is that he'll live a long lonely miserable self-pitying life. And that someone might just cut his balls off in a long and painful procedure........

• 3 weeks later...

Old Army saying:

"You aren't feeding me, you aren't fucking me, and you aren't rating me. So you can just <insert favorite tell off here>

Done it several times over the years. Of course I'd never say it to a boss or to a person in a position of higher authority, but I have never put up with shit from people I consider to be my equal.