CrazyBoards.org

Hey there

Hi and welcome! I've only just started getting help with my depression and anxiety too after many years and have already found this board has helped greatly. I'm sorry you have found it so hard to get those feelings out to your dr and I can relate. I know what u mean about super tired on lexapro - the first week or so I felt like a zombie but it does soon pass. Once again welcome to the boards :- )

CrazyM, welcome to Crazyboards.  I ask all new members to read the User Agreement, just so you understand how we operate.

It sounds like you have had a really difficult time.  I'm glad your GP got you started on some medications, but you might ask him to refer you to a psychiatrist.  Primary care docs aren't really too experienced with psych meds, and a psychiatrist might be able to fine-tune your combination so that you can function and not feel tired all the time.

I hope you like hanging out here.  Please contact a mod if you  have any questions.

olga

I think referral is the best way to go, but I have also pulled names from the phone book.  If you have a university with a medical school near you, that might be someone to call.

If it is difficult for you to talk to doctors, maybe you should write down your symptoms and concerns.  You express yourself very well here, and I'm sure you could write a coherent account to take to the new doctor.

olga

• 10 months later...