CrazyBoards.org

Hello all!

I've decided to join a community that is mental health related. I was apart of a social anxiety forum in the past but stopped posting. There's something about these boards that I like.

Anyways, about me. I hail from the island of Newfoundland where everything is a bit... different. There's a unique laid back hard working traditional sort of atmosphere here, and despite not having grown up in a big city, the issue of stigma with mental health is present here as much as any place. It's hard to meet people who deal with the same issues as we all tend to hide away, so sites like this do help.

Bipolar has been a battle for me, but knowing I'm not alone does make a difference, so hi! ^_^ I hope to stick around for some time.

Kestra, welcome to Crazyboards!  I've been to Newfoundland and it is very beautiful but yes----it's isolated.  I can see why it would be hard to find people who understand what you are going through. 

I'm glad you found us and I hope you get some good support here.

olga