CrazyBoards.org

Breathing problems with lithium carbonate

I am having trouble breathing when I am taking lithium carbonate. I went off the drug about ten days ago and I no longer have the feeling that I cannot get enough air into my lungs. I am back to a cycling state where I am very manic, but I still have anxieties. I feel like I am stepping on the brakes while flooring the gas pedal. My doctor has now prescribed Lutada which is an anti-psychotic. I'm not familiar with it at all. He has also prescribed Rozerem to be taken to help me sleep. Is someone out there taking the same medications????

Edited by mannthos

Breathing is sort of important. Most doctors take breathing issues seriously. I'm glad yours did.

I am on Latuda and love it. I was relatively stable when I started it, so am not sure how it is at calming me down. That said, I have not had any hypo/mania or mixed state energy while on it. I'm calm but have all my feelings. It definitely helps with depression. I have no meaningful side effects, but have heard that it is a little sedating for some. I have also heard that it can be too activating if you tend to have real significant mania. Mostly, I hear that is good medicine. Like I said, I love it. Latuda gave me normalcy. I take it with Lamictal.

Good luck.