CrazyBoards.org

Strong desire to return to hospital.

When were you last in hospital?  It can be hard to adapt to the "real world" again, and it's important to have the support of a psychiatrist and therapist to do that.  It really sounds like you need to be articulating these thoughts out loud to one of your caregivers.

I've got this overwhelming desire to return to hospital and its eating me up inside, I think about it all the time. I like the attention I get from the hospital staff when I'm manic and the delusions I have when off my medication are pleasant enough. I miss being manic.

Oh I've been there! So many times over the years I've wanted the respite that the hospital offers. Most recently was two years ago. I felt like I could get the emergency helps I so desperately needed there. Unfortunately it wasn't an option at the time and I was forced to power through it. I wish it had been different though.

I think everyone misses the heady intoxication of mania. Remember though, it's great... until it's not. The fallout is tragic and just not worth the euphoria. 

I know what you mean I've kinda been feeling the exact same way, I want to go back to this particular hospital where I was having pleasant delusions, but I have to remember it's not the hospital I'm missing it's the feeling, I know going to a hospital is a good place to make an official new start but you can turn a new leaf any day. But I know once I get to the hospital I will be wanting to go back home soon anyway, maybe you can find some things to feel good about or start doing different things that make you feel good like I started taking walks outside everyday and it kinda gives me that pleasant feeling I had during that time. :cool: