CrazyBoards.org

I got 27 drug interactions listed from generator

I tried that (possible) drug interaction generator on aids.com (!) and it gave me back 27 possible. I currently have inflammation of my rib cartilege and/or organs in there from all the medications I take, but the doctors won't take me off any of them to stop the inflammation, so I have to look at alternative medicine to help me. (I tried aspirin)

Also, all the entries say "interactions" but they only seem to list possible side effects, not interactions with OTHER drugs.

I printed all this out, and do you have ANY idea what havoc it would create if the ambulance came out to my bedside and saw "aids.com" literature?

(This is not just a technical question, though). I would mostly like to know if anyone has gotten rib or organ inflammation from meds and the doctors can't diagnose it because it is only pain that doesn't show up in a CT scan or blood test? A nurse and an urgent care doctor "diagnosed" it for me, but an ER doc and a gastroenterologist wouldn't!

I tried that (possible) drug interaction generator on aids.com (!)

I have found this to be a pretty good resource, personally.

(This is not just a technical question, though). I would mostly like to know if anyone has gotten rib or organ inflammation from meds and the doctors can't diagnose it because it is only pain that doesn't show up in a CT scan or blood test? A nurse and an urgent care doctor "diagnosed" it for me, but an ER doc and a gastroenterologist wouldn't!
This particular condition may only be attributable to certain medications. You were simply told that there was inflammation, or were you diagnosed with a specific condition?

It would probably help if you said what medications you were on.

If your organs are inflammed, I am surprised that they couldn't or wouldn't try an ultrasound. You may want to ask.

I printed all this out, and do you have ANY idea what havoc it would create if the ambulance came out to my bedside and saw "aids.com" literature?

If you are concerned about having to carry around a list of interactions, much more effective would be a list of medications that you take.

If you are really concerned about where the information comes from, you can simply type the possible interactions onto a seperate sheet.

Though if you are taking several medications, you may want to consider a medic alert.

~navy~

Also, all the entries say "interactions" but they only seem to list possible side effects, not interactions with OTHER drugs.

Are you sure these aren't the side effects that would happen as a result of combining the drugs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Time for a second opnion? Or perhaps the urgent care doctor and the nurse were actually wrong?

Fiona

Archived