CrazyBoards.org

Strange emotions

Throughout these past years since diagnosis, I have noticed some strange emotions. At random, sometimes inappropriate times I will burst into laughter or have a huge grin across my face. At other times its like I disappear into my own world, almost like dissociation, but I completely withdraw from the world around me into my own. I have been thinking about this because people have recently brought this up to me. I am also paranoid 99.9% of the time. What is wrong with me. I have been previously diagnosed with schizoaffective, but idk. I think it is attached to my BP AND anxiety, someway somehow.

I have a hard time regulating my emotions, including behaving "normally" in socially acceptable situations (i.e. laughing when I'm supposed to be sad). I think to some extent it's a manifestation of the disorder - all emotions are kind of out of whack when you aren't well, everything in between depression and mania as well as the big two. I also withdraw unto myself during depressive episodes. It's more than that - I feel like I'm separate from being, if that makes sense, like out of body.

All and all, I can empathize with some of your symptoms. I've never had a schizoaffective diagnosis, nor do I think that I am. Mine is all bipolar and anxiety. That doesn't mean it's the same as yours.

Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't alone.

I'm not saying you are hearing voices or even will, but what you wrote is exactly what happened to me when I got thoughts in my head that I didn't hear, but it was like silent talking to me in my head from someone (idk who though; no one was in the room).  It is hard for me to explain, but I didn't hear anything.  It was more like "someone" was thinking to me and my reactions were based on that, regardless of what was happening around me.