CrazyBoards.org

Going to hospital might be a good way to start meds, if you really can't get yourself to an outpatient doctor. I would look for a sub-acute (not locked etc.) ward/hospital since you are going voluntarily. The other patients will mostly just be depressed, whereas in a locked ward people can be very agitated.

surreal, what have you decided to do? i'm just wondering if it could be helpful to call a mental health helpline, and just download on them - all the things that you're worried about - and see what their advice to you is.

it sounds like you're in a horrid place mentally at the moment, and you deserve help and happiness. i hope you're able to take the steps to make it happen. take care.

I don't know where you live but around here, they're not going to put you in the hospital unless you are a danger to yourself or others. I'm pretty sure the ER won't do much for you either. They may give you some meds but in my experience, they're going to help you get through the weekend and tell you to schedule a pdoc appointment. 

You know that you need to restart your meds and go to the pdoc. We can encourage you to go. We cannot take you. You've got to find the inner strength you need to do what you know is best for you.