CrazyBoards.org

Just started ECT

Yeah. It's normal. The fact that you felt better is a very good indication that ECT will work for you. 

ECT saved my life. I am convinced of it. I hope it works for you as well as it did for me. 

That is the reaction I had - after I shook off the haziness of the anesthetic I felt more sociable and the depression was loosening it's grip on me.   Then by the next treatment I wasn't as good.     I only had 6 treatments and they changed all my meds.  Looking back I wish we had opted for 9-12 treatments as originally planned.

My grandmother had ECT and was well for 6 yrs before needing to repeat it.

Hope you have a supportive family or friends at this important time.  Eat and sleep well if possible. Take good care.

How many sessions do you have scheduled? Keep in mind that you're not accessing the same exact neural pathways with each treatment; so variation in how you feel afterwards is going to be the norm. It's the culminative effect that really matters and as sylvan said, responding well to some of the sessions during the process bodes well; it means the right pathways are getting tweaked. Hang in there and keep us posted.

I have had ECT on 3 different occasions. The first series was 6, and it didnt last too long. I then had great success with a series of 9.  Unfortunately, I felt so good I stopped taking my AD. It wasnt long after that I had a series of 12 and it did absolutely nothing for me. Also, the AD didnt work again either.

I also had 13 treatments, half unilateral and half bilateral.

I didn't experience a point where I felt really good after a treatment. I think I enjoyed the propofol more than anything.

You're lucky. Sounds like it is working!