CrazyBoards.org

So it was kinda awkward

Damik

So the other night I was talking to my mother. It hasn't been that long since we were estranged. She really wants to make up for lost time. And I'm struggling, but I'm being very honest about it. So when my mom asked me how I was doing I told her the truth. She got in a huge 1h 45m Hallmark conversation about how she used to self-injure and how I am better than that. I told her how I feel like I have control over myself when I cut. Now I know that this is a fallacy but I will argue with all my being that it is true. I'm screwed up right now. But back to the conversation she was sappy I don't know, she said she told me before, but I don't remember her ever admitting that she self injured. I know I never saw the signs and she would sunbath in a string bikini all summer long so she either didn't cut in the summer or I don't know she cut her breasts? Whatever. She has been coming up with stories lately. Like my step father used to beat her. Now granted my step-dad wasn't a good guy, but he was all about manipulation and pressure points. I don't know what I'm going on about. Maybe he did beat her. He wasn't a good guy. She was drunk when she was talking to me. I thought she had been doing better about that. It was one of my issues I didn't want to deal with drunk mom. I'm babbling, I should stop. Maybe I should just cut and not tel anybody about it.

It sounds like talking to your mom was pretty triggering. Is there any way to avoid talking to your mom when she's drunk? It sounds like the things she comes out with are pretty upsetting. 

I hope you don't cut, Damik. You've been doing so well and you've come so far.