CrazyBoards.org

Should I try to get my dose of adderall upped?

arr

I've been taking 10mg of Adderall XR daily for 6 or so weeks now. I'm noticing positive effects. I'm still hopelessly depressed and I'll probably kill myself in the next 2-5 years, but my brain feels way less foggy since I started taking adderall. It's definitely helped with my driving as well. From what I've read, 10mg sounds like a very minimal dose. Most people seem to be taking much more. I'd like to take adderall long term, so I figure I should try to get my dose upped to at least 20mg. What do you guys think? Also, how will an upped dose affect the price?

You're taking Adderall for depression? You're not taking an antidepressant? It would be rather unusual for you to be on a single med for depression and it be Adderall. 

You are correct that 10 mg of Adderall XR is a low dose. I believe that is the lowest dose they make. I take 20 mg Adderall XR. For me, there was no difference in cost between different doses.  

I've given up on anti-depressants, they all make me feel awful. I definitely relate with the symptoms of ADHD, though I'd be lying if that's the reason I wanted to be put on adderall. I noticed caffeine has always helped with my depression, in a sporadic, unstable way that made falling asleep at night impossible. So I thought adderall would help and it has (without the nasty side effects of caffeine). 

Edited by arr