CrazyBoards.org

Physical Psychotic Episode - Body Being Controlled by Someone Else

Just wondering if anyone has experienced something like this?

My last psychotic episode (All episodes were Meth Induced) ended me up in the psych ward. It involved a delusion that I was hypnotized and that the "hypnotist" had taken over my body and was controlling me. I was getting commanded subliminally so I couldn't actually hear the hypnotist...

My finger would involuntarily point in a direction and so I would walk in that direction, I had no idea where I was being taken too. If the "Hypnotist" wanted me to make a turn, one of my arms would shoot up and yank the neck of my shirt in the direction he wanted me to go. I would then turn and continue walking. Now I am a very shy guy and the thought of publicly humiliating myself is terrifying. But I couldn't help this. All of the neighbors were staring. All I could do was smile at them and shake my head as I was being taken around the streets lookin like a fool. 

My fingers would start counting 1, 2, 3.... and stopped at whatever number.... and so i thought that this is the number of the house that i am being commanded to go to. I stopped at each house and waited for the next command. At each house, my hand would smack my head in a Homer-like DOH!!!... I interpreted that as "Wrong house moron!".... 

Anyways, this continued pretty much all afternoon house after house, but I eventually told the hypnotist to fuck off (out loud)  and I ran back to my house. 

Now I had absolutely no idea what movement or gestures were coming up next... I had no control. It was like a game of charades where I was doing both the movement and the guessing. It was very weird...

Just wondering if anyone else has had an experience where your psychosis manifested in such a physical way? Haven't done Meth since

EDIT: I am undiagnosed so far. I have been clean and medicated since May. I wrote about this as it was a very strange experience and not at all like any meth psychosis I have experienced or witnessed before. Therefore I fear that there is an underlying issue.

Edited by DanTheMan

I've experienced something like this before. I used to believe that a malevolent entity was controlling my movement and compelling me to sway from side to side, gesticulate wildly and walk backwards. It was terrifying. I was afraid that I was going to be forced into committing murder or suicide. I'm sorry that you went through this.

As for your neighbours just carry on like it never happened.

This is what I do now.  In the past I have embarrassed myself tons of times, before I was stable and medicated, and now I act as if nothing ever happened.  I still have the embarrassed feeling if I talk about it or even think about it sometimes, but I never talk about or bring up anything that I did.  I just went on with life.

i have very strong delusions of control and they always spark other things and are generally, if not THE most then top three most, horrible parts of being psychotic for me.

i'm with melissa on how to cope with neighbors. and the thing is...unless they're especially socially inappropriate themselves...they prolly won't bring it up if you run into them. i do tend toward being agoraphobic though and avoid people like the plague once i'm no longer florid.

• 3 years later...

I'm glad I found this site. About 5 months ago I started hearing voices, and those voices have moved on to moving my body parts. It started with just my head, but now they move every part of my body. I wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol. But I am trying to figure out what's going on. My psychiatrist had told me that I don't have schizophrenia. Can someone share their specific diagnosis so I know something to bring up to the psychiatrist?

10 hours ago, Bravery said:

I'm glad I found this site. About 5 months ago I started hearing voices, and those voices have moved on to moving my body parts. It started with just my head, but now they move every part of my body. I wasn't under the influence of drugs or alcohol. But I am trying to figure out what's going on. My psychiatrist had told me that I don't have schizophrenia. Can someone share their specific diagnosis so I know something to bring up to the psychiatrist?

Welcome to CB! 

(bold) ... I think if you make your own topic about this, you will get more replies.

Personally, to answer your question, I would ask your pdoc what s/he says you do have.  I know your pdoc said you don't have SZ, but has s/he said what you do have?

13 hours ago, Bravery said:

I haven't had voices control my movement, but I have had kinesthetic hallucinations, which are the strangest type IMO. Perhaps you are experiencing these?