CrazyBoards.org

Every morning I wake up completely incoherent and useless and I stay that way for a good half and hour, regardless of how much sleep I get. It gets in the way of things...I love to get up and work out before work but that's been thrown out the window because if this. My fiancé always looks at me with such disappointment when I can't get up.

I used to be able to get up at 6, although with some difficulty, but now I can't even get up at 8:30. My meds are in my sig and I stopped taking all sleeping meds in an attempt to turn this around.

Does anyone know anything about this? It's starting to negatively impact my life.

Do you take your Geodon or Navane the night before? Maybe if you took them a little earlier it would help? That's just wild speculation, though. I do know how that feels- it sounds just like me when I was on Seroquel. It would take me hours to really "wake up" after I woke up, no matter how much coffee I drank. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

Edited by hagar running

I did that when taking Geodon.

I was told to take 80mg morning & night, but I would have a horrible time waking up and felt extremely groggy.

What I did was take both dosages (160mg) at night, and I would take it at 830PM and go to bed at 10PM.

How long have you been on your meds? With Geodon, it took me a couple of months to really get used to it.

I take 160 mg Geodon and 4 mg Navane at night and the rest of the Geodon in the morning. I've been in Geodon for maybe 6 months and it has been the hardest med for me to get used to of all the many I've tried.

I take my meds at 9...maybe taking them at 8 like hagar suggested would help?

I also have trouble getting to sleep so I have that to contend with as well. Never ends.