CrazyBoards.org

ive suffered with depression for 7 years now and im on Prozac atm but lately ive just been so irritable I feel angry inside and everything and everyone is annoying me. I don't want to be a bitch to ppl especially my boyfriend but hes just annoying me and we live in a tiny flat so time alone isn't really going to happen and if I say I want time alone he will take it personally like he will constantly ask me whats wrong and what he has done wrong and I really cant be bothered talking to anyone people are doing my head in. am I the only one who gets like this?

When I'm in the middle of a mood episode, one of the hard things for me is explaining to people that I'm really not angry, sad, or annoyed with an individual person, place, or thing.  I was already predisposed to a certain feeling and it just happened to latch on to whatever was near and precipitated around that person, place, or thing.  I have to explain to people, that I don't necessarily need a reason to be sad, angry, energetic, or other feeling, they can just happen all by themselves.

Yeah well I am the same way......I have mood swings that either go from me being completely normal or happpy to being beligerantly angry or very depressed. People always wonder if I have something or someone specific on my mind, and most of the time the answer to that is no. Here recently though I can avoid these types of situations most of the time if I just get the proper amount of sleep and stay on schedule with all my medicines.

Schizoaffective Disorder

Depakote 1500mg Risperdal 2mg Wellbutrin XL 300mg Citalopram 10mg Hyrdroxyzine 50mg 3x daily Atenolol 10mg 3x daily

When I'm in the middle of a mood episode, one of the hard things for me is explaining to people that I'm really not angry, sad, or annoyed with an individual person, place, or thing.  I was already predisposed to a certain feeling and it just happened to latch on to whatever was near and precipitated around that person, place, or thing.  I have to explain to people, that I don't necessarily need a reason to be sad, angry, energetic, or other feeling, they can just happen all by themselves.

This is a perfect way of describing why we behave the way we do! Thanks for this- can I quote you? You put it so eloquently and succinctly.  :)

This is a perfect way of describing why we behave the way we do! Thanks for this- can I quote you? You put it so eloquently and succinctly.  :)

The head of my legal department advises me that they most likely wouldn't consider such an act actionable as the climate now stands.  I think this means you should feel free to say whatever you want. (But they are a bunch of weaselly lawyers, so I wouldn't trust them too much.)

ive suffered with depression for 7 years now and im on Prozac atm but lately ive just been so irritable I feel angry inside and everything and everyone is annoying me. I don't want to be a bitch to ppl especially my boyfriend but hes just annoying me and we live in a tiny flat so time alone isn't really going to happen and if I say I want time alone he will take it personally like he will constantly ask me whats wrong and what he has done wrong and I really cant be bothered talking to anyone people are doing my head in. am I the only one who gets like this?

This happens to me all the time.  I have to have a lot of alone time or my mind would go nuts and I would be so stressed out. 

Have you tried other medications?  Maybe there is something out there that would lessen the anger and irritability.

I was irritable and agitated to an extreme degree when my depression was at its worst.

Klonopin was great for this, but I understand it is more difficult in the UK to get a benzo script.

I had trial of Risperdal, which killed irritability and agitation, but unfortunately left me feeling hollow.

SSRIs are supposed to be good for irritability. You have been on Prozac for a long time. Maybe it's time to switch. Zoloft worked well for me.