CrazyBoards.org

Ive been having some good days but today I woke up and its already a tough one.

My bf & I have split up but I have to live here for 7 more weeks so we are just roomates now. No conversation, communication just a

few nice words here & there. And I am so lonely!!!!! Im not working and my friends are 45 minutes away and busy with there own families.

So today is another lonely day my daughter is at her her dads then coming home to have a slumber party here.

Maybe its the dysfunction I come from but this is so damn hard.

Wow, that sounds like a REALLY tough situation. I can't imagine having to live with an ex like that. I would definitely be feeling all sorts of unpleasant emotions. I'm sorry. Is there any chance you can escape the house for a little bit to get some air and maybe clear your head? Like take a little walk or go sit in a coffeeshop for a little bit until it's time for your daughter to arrive? Sometimes when I'm feeling really lonely and isolated, I just have to get out of my apartment for a while and be around people. Even just being around strangers and not speaking to anyone seems to help a little, for a while anyway.

didnt work. I could hardly keep from crying at the store.

I almost want to patch things up with him it hurts so bad

I'm sorry. Dealing with a breakup is hard enough, but having to see him everyday and stay cordial to keep things from falling apart must add a whole other level of shittiness to it. I would wager that a lot of us here at CB have cried in public before, I know I have, so don't feel bad about that. I hope things get easier for you soon.

I'n terrible prone to crying in public. Don't feel ashamed. Lots of normal folk have done it too.

I'm sorry about the break up. I had to keep living with my ex for months and it was very hard. we have a fairly caring but appropriately distant friendship now. I remember wanting so bad to patch it up because that's what I thought I wanted at the time. It really wasn't, I suggest giving yourself some space to think about it. 

Is it at all possible for you to be in different part of the house to him? And just try and immerse yourself in something lighthearted, maybe youtube some comedians you like or music you enjoy.

Can you plan a nice activity you could do outside the house with your kid. Might give you something to look foward to. Or just focus on being really mindful and happy of the time you get to have together so you can have some fond memories to to fight all of this gloom.

Just wanted to add my wishes that things improve for you soon.  You're really in a yucky situation, to say the least.

Even though you might cry, I think getting out and being among people is really important.  Do you have a Barnes and Noble near you where you could get a coffee and maybe sit and read for awhile?  I often go to Target and just cruise around to help with that lonely feeling.

Take care.

Wow I'm so sorry! That's a tough situation to be in...I'm kinda in a similar mess.

Are you for sure set for a new place in 7 weeks? I ask because that could give you something to focus on and distract you from the sadness you're feeling...Plus knowing you have a place to go can help you feel reassured if you are waffling and wanting to get back together. God knows I can't tell ya which is the right choice since I'm wallowing in my own stupidity right now lol, but you do what you need to do for your own peace of mind.

Living like roomates when you were once intimate is one of the hardest things a heart can bear...I'm very sorry you're having to endure this. I know how lonely that can be(me too...)... Maybe those depression meetup groups might help? Where I live we have divorce support groups--wonder if there's regular breakup groups too? What the hell-- if it's too hard on ya, why not go to the divorce group? I mean, married or not, there's an undeniable emotional pain when a relationship ends that you can't quantify by being married or not....

If it's any consolation, I wish I had a place to go and be able to leave my H....

Wishing you peace :)

Well thank you for all the kind responses!

He just asked me the other day why I was not speaking to him!!!! I guess I thought it was the other way around. He also said he was afraid he would come home and find me dead. Ive been severely depressed.

I definitely do have a place to go in December, and dont have to pay rent however I dont have a job and the house will become occupied in 5-6 months.

Time will tell how this plays out. I did see the pnurse yesterday, Im back on Effexor and see my counselor today. I think dbt would help me

• 4 weeks later...

I feel for you. I lived with an ex and we broke up and I was stuck living with him for a month afterwards. It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to live through and it definitely messed with my mind. I kept myself as busy as possible during that time and just kept focus on the fact that I would be moving out (whenever I was home I absolutely threw myself into sorting and packing everything to distract me). Thinking of you.