CrazyBoards.org

Parent Charges ‘Bullying’ After 91-0 High School Game

http://espn.go.com/dallas/story/_/id/9863505/aledo-football-coach-tim-buchanan-accused-bullying-91-0-win

What do you think?  I don't think it was bullying.  From what I understand the winning coach used 2nd and 3rd string players and didn't know about a mercy rule.  I don't know anything about football though, so maybe that counts for something.  Also, as I understand, they are both 4A teams.  

I think that what the parent is filing on really discredits true forms of bullying.  But that's just my thought.

That story makes me frustrated. I think it takes away from 'real' bullying, like abuse-violent things... The kids lost the game and that's all there is to it. The opposing team did all they could to not make it a complete slaughter but they were just that much better...That's life though. Someone will always be prettier, smarter, more atheltic, etc.. than you and you have to learn to deal with it.

I think this teaches kids a lousy lesson that there are always winners and everyone's equal and all that nonsense...and it's just setting them up for failure. I mean what's gonna happen when they *don't* get the job they applied for? Mommy going to come and yell at the company for not hiring their kid? People win, people lose that's life... Plus we're sending the message that sports are *that* important and it's just not true...Learning is so important in school.

It sounds like one of those "helicopter parents" was unhappy with the outcome and filed the report...I doubt any kid would be that devastated. And these are highschool kids too--not kindergardeners...they should have some kind of emotional development that a loss like this isn't going to shatter their lives.