CrazyBoards.org

struggling, stress of planning a wedding

So I put this in the totally wrong forum.  I wish I could just fall apart and lay in my closet and cry. but my boys are here, my girls and dh will be home in a little while.  It doesn't take much to affect me.  Posting in the wrong forum really messed me up. 
so here it is: 

My daughter is getting married November 3rd. we have a total of 4 weeks to prepare.the stress of trying to make everything right is starting to really get to me.I have a call into my pdoc but we seem to have trouble connecting.

I am taking half mg of klonopin twice a day and then one mg at night to help me sleep. I feel so overwhelmed I'm going into depression and I feel like I wanna cry most of the time. My tdoc has said that I can call her but I don't have time to go in and see her. We have just over a week to get ready we are doing a lot of the favors ourselves to save money. I don't really know what I'm asking. I just feel like I'm losing it and I can't afford to do that right now.

I also have so much that needs to be done at home. TWO of my kids are doing poorly in school. It's because they don't turn in work not because they don't know it. then there's the whole just being a mom. I also have paperwork stuff that needs to be done. Some of it is very important but I can't seem to do it. And that's a normal thing not just because of the wedding.
Edited by crazymomof5

Breathe. Even if things aren't "perfect" they will still be married. 5 kids take a lot of work, I can only imagine, I have 2. It doesn't sound like you are overdoing it, but I know when I took too much Ativan it made me feel depressed and sob easily.

Do you have any friends who could help you make the favors?  Maybe a good friend who could help with phone calls or other details?  Is your daughter doing any of this stuff, or are you trying to do it all by yourself?

If the wedding isn't perfect, it won't be the first one with some little glitches.  As confused said, they will still be married.  Try to reach your tdoc and maybe have a short session to help you cope.

olga

I have been reading your responses as they come through my email. my daughter is helping and a couple other people are ocassionally including my other kids. I appreciate the input. Still haven't heard back from pdoc. Oh well.

Thank you for the responses they help. gotta run.

Pdoc finally called back. Wants me to go back on the adderall but increase it to 1 or 1.5 tablets 3x a day. That makes no sense to me. take more of a med that makes me lethargic after a couple days. He also wants me to take the risperdal as prescribed. I didn't want to to do that but I don't know what else to do. Its all just guessing. I hate this. if these meds make me worse I will be royally screwed. I guess I was stupid for calling pdoc. What else would he do but give me more meds.

Well dd13 is on her way out of school. time to put on the f'ing happy face.