CrazyBoards.org

Circumnavigation

Magellan is my cat. He likes to walk around me, circumnavigation. 

I'm 40. My psychiatrist has diagnosed me as Bipolar 2. I've been on meds for about two years, and they've started really working in the last 6 months. 

I'm an artist. It's not the most lucrative career. I've tried more normal careers and they never last long. I taught college for 8 years until I couldn't deal with it anymore. I'm doing OK, my work is beginning to pay off in terms of success, and I'm getting on top of my emotional rollercoaster ride. It's actually a boring rollercoaster, it just kinda goes up and down. It's nice to finally realize that it is just a boring rollercoaster ride, it gives me a little perspective so that I don't get completely engulfed by it all. 

I think I've always been this way. I tried to hang myself in third grade, and again when I was 19. In highschool, after my father died, I had long bouts of depression which would last up to 6 months or so. In college they got worse and I ended up taking Zoloft, which lifted me out of the depression. When I turned 30 I had to take care of my mother with dementia. She died two years later. I began teaching college in that period. I've always had a "power through" approach, but that was a bit much, and my head kinda exploded and I began the dreaded cycling of Bipolar II, electric boogaloo. 

Except that I didn't realize that, I just couldn't understand why things would be absolutely amazing one day and absolutely pointless the next. It was tiring and frustrating, and I began think of suicide, a lot. I have a good friend who is a retired psychologist, and he finally pushed me try meds. 

I'm more stable now. The meds don't take away the cycling, but they mellow it out a bit. I am trying to have a more regular schedule, especially with sleep and taking my meds at the same time every day. The depressions are not quite as crushing. I still think about suicide a lot, but if I don't think about it every day then I'm doing ok. 

hello, people of the CrazyBoard. 

Hello Magellan and Welcome to Crazyboards!

I have BP2 as well and know how crappy the cycling can be.

We ask all our new members to read the User Agreement to ensure we're all on the same page.

Check out chat or start a blog; I think you'll find CB to be a very supportive and informative community.

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards!

Mercury looks like a good cat. Good stare. 

I haven't had a cat for sometime now, and just got Magellan a few weeks ago, but it's great to have some being around that I can give just positive vibes to, even when I'm feeling shitty. He gets me outside myself a bit. 

Mercury looks like a good cat. Good stare. 

I haven't had a cat for sometime now, and just got Magellan a few weeks ago, but it's great to have some being around that I can give just positive vibes to, even when I'm feeling shitty. He gets me outside myself a bit. 

Sure, he is real cool when it is I feel like I've eaten to much crow ( much of the time last weeks ) and he just wants to sit with me no matter what's going on that's to human for his concerns, he is still like a baby and needs much affection for himself as well to stay comfortable and we watch allot of tv together.

Hey Magellan, I am just here now, I have been very sick from a chest cold, pretty bad one. Any way, I have yet to poke into seeing where I'd fill in my medicines but I have read yours, I don't really know a single one of them ?

The Latest Drug Amts:       100mg Lamotrigine, 100mg Sertraline, 10mg Viibryd

I am just and only on one per day 10 mg Abilify, seems quite as a placebo should be but is not and compared the toxic levels they got me into when I was a teenager years ago, can't say more on that but just a few things make it so I will forever be happy I am alive and survived some. Diagnosed as drug induced psychosis but now am a Bipolar, where I disagree is that they feel I need be a 1, I am not having symptom of the 1 though ever. Depends on where you get a description of the 1 and the 2, I may be a actual 1.5, hehehe, more self psychiatry better to my own needs, hehehe.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Mr.Idle.McNothin'tado, 

I'm taking 1 "mood stabilizer" (lamotragine) and 2 anti-depressants (sertraline & viibryd). Lamotrigine is the generic name for Lamictal, and sertraline is the generic name for Zoloft. 

I'm pretty sure that at least the zoloft/sertraline is doing something because I tried to taper off it a few months ago, and quickly fell back into a severe depression right after I completely tapered off. I still get depressed while on it, but the depression is slightly less potent.