CrazyBoards.org

Cymbalta twice a day as opposed to once a day.....any experiences?

So I've been on Cymbalta 60mg for almost two weeks now. I took this before years ago and am trying to get back on it. The insomnia is pretty bad as it was before. Its in the form of early morning awakening. I get to sleep fine for the most part but am waking up like at 4 or 5 in the morning and not falling back asleep. Just lay there basically until 7am when its time to get up. Needless to say its doing a number on my ass and I'm wore out. It did this years ago when I took it as well and ended up being on lunesta the whole time. I really don't want to go down the lunesta road again. It worked, but the nasty taste in my mouth sucked and it's also crazy expensive. I've been taking in the morning once a day as before. I have what might be a crazy idea........taking 30mg twice a day instead of 60mg once a day in the AM. With such a short half life maybe its wearing off in the wee morning hours and that is causing the insomnia? Taking it twice a day would keep a more consistent level. It might also cut down on the sometimes uncomfortable jiterriness it gives me. What do you all think? Is my reasoning sound or am I just setting myself up to not fall asleep at all? Anybody have a better experience taking twice a day instead of once?

Hi quietstorm. When I went from 60 to 120 I took it BID for a few weeks (sorry, my recall is FUBAR), but found that interrupted my biorhythms beyond tolerance.

I take the full dose at bedtime and have adjusted to that schedule. When I awaken at some-unreasonable-early-morning-hour, I get up and do something productive...clean cupboards, do laundry, or my favourite: read.

, read!

I hope that the medication is as good for you in the long run as it has been for me.