CrazyBoards.org

Finally Introducing Myself

Hi all.

I've been going to chat for a few weeks now, but I thought I should post about myself now.

I have major depression, anxiety (GAD and social anxiety), a bit of ADD, and who knows what else. I was diagnosed and put on meds a little over 2 years ago, but I had been suffering for about 3 years before that. Things have only gotten worse. I am allergic to SSRIs and am extremely prone to rare side effects from medications, so I still have not found the right mix to help me. It is extremely frustrating. I am currently between therapists, but I am trying a new one next week.

Basically I am here because I am lonely and lost. I have no friends anymore, and I am far away from my family.

Thanks for listening,

natcat

I'm sorry you are having such a rough go of it! I'm glad you're here :) 

You will find lots of people here who you can relate to. Like me...I only have one friend left.

Welcome!  I hope you feel comfortable here.

Edited by trailmix

Hey there. Welcome to the crazy hotel. I am sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. 

I am sure you will enjoy it here. :)

I also love your avatar picture! Grumpy Cat is hilarious. :)

Hi Nat.  I have a similar story and I've been dealing with mental health issues for a long while.  Don't give up on treatment and also improving your situation, whatever it may be, even if things are rough.  Might be cliche to say this, but things can get better despite what is happening in the present.

Welcome to Crazyboards.  I ask all new members to read the User Agreement.  If you've done that already, you're all set.

You mentioned a therapist, but are you also seeing a psychiatrist?  I'm sorry the med thing has been sos frustrating and I hope they find a combination that works for you.

olga

Basically I am here because I am lonely and lost. I have no friends anymore, and I am far away from my family.

I'm pretty much the same although my family aren't that far away if you're talking geography. That's one pissed off looking cat.