CrazyBoards.org

question about vyvanse + seroquel.. need help!

So I have read that taking seroquel and vyvanse together will cancel out vyvanse's stimulant/euphoric effects. Last night I took my usual 500 mg dose of seroquel. I work incredibly ling hours and need to stay focused, but I feel my vyvanse won't work as well since my doc just put me on seroquel.. So the question is: if I took 500 mg of seroquel at 10:00 pm last night, how long do I have to wait before I can take my vyvanse without the seroquel diminishing the effects? and what is the half-life of 500 mg of seroquel? Note: I know many people abuse meds like vyvanse (an amphetamine), but I am not looking to get high. if I was I would have taken it not as prescribed when I wasn't on seroquel. I am kind of confused as to why my doctor would put me on both of these medications at the same time, because they seem to cancel each others effects..

I take both vyvanse and seroquel. 

However, my dose of seroquel is low. 

My vyvanse still works just fine. It gives me energy, motivation, and concentration. 

The only thing is: seroquel CAN cancel out the appetite loss from Vyvanse. So, I take my vyvanse literally right before I go to bed. That way, I will be sleeping instead of binge eating after taking the seroquel. Then, the hunger effects of the seroquel wear off my the time I wake up in the morning. 

If the seroquel does take away the vyvanse effect for you, maybe you could ask about the medication latuda. It is an antipsychotic that never made me tired. I have heard that it doesn't make very many people tired like seroquel does. 

I am not sure what the half life of seroquel is, but it sounds like you should have a chat with your pdoc and explain to them what is going on. 

I wish you the best of luck.