CrazyBoards.org

wedding anxiety

I can't believe its finally here. Tomorrow at 4pm my dd will get married. It has been a very crazy stressful four weeks. I lost it a couple times.

I am worried about tomorrow. We are doing most of it ourselves. We want to be at the venue by 8. We only have a few hours to get everything done. I'm so glad my mil paid for most of the catering. I'm so scared things are going to fall apart. we have worked so hard. I have done a lot since she has a full time job and cannot do as much.

Not sure if anyone will have time to respond, but how do I keep the anxiety down and not lose it completely. I don't want to take more than my normal dose of klonipin.

I'm sorry you have so much anxiety ... I've never had a wedding but have been extremely anxious in the past.  I  know you don't want to take extra klonopin, but  TBH, if it were me and I had a couple extras, I'd personally take a little extra klonopin to get me through.  My pdoc always lets me take extra when ie I go on a trip or something stressful is going on, and after 4 or 5 days my body just goes back to the regular dose without a problem. 

I know I'm not a DR, but IMO it wouldn't hurt to do so for a day, meaning if you increase it a little for a day, then the day after your body most likely wont be able to tell a difference and you can go back to the original amount you were taking. 

I know it is a Sunday though and pdoc isn't in office to check with on that, but personally, I've done it before without problem.

But like I said, I'm not a DR.

I'm sorry I don't have any other advice; I just wanted to answer your post with an opinion while you have a chance to read them.

Have a great day at the wedding ... I hope you have nice weather :)

Oh, how exciting.

Every parent is going to be nervous, especially someone with anxiety. Do something for yourself tonight, something self soothing. Make a checklist. Have some other people do the running for you. 

If you take an extra half dose, don't beat yourself up for it. Just do not drink with it. (I don't know if you drink or not). 

Very proud of you for getting this far, and again, congratulations. Mom of 5.. Wow. It'll be over soon. Tomorrow, you celebrate. Then, you can relax. Think of that. Do breathing exercises. Try to stay calm. I'm sure dd is nervous too! Talk to her. Talk to us. Don't overdo it (well, I'm sure you are a bit, it's a big day, but try not to!)

It's the jitters. It's normal. If something goes wrong, you'll probably be the only one to notice. It's her big day, that you've put so much effort into. Be proud, you've done this for her, celebrate, be happy. It won't fall apart. Look how much has gone into it. Think positive. Just remember, your thoughts are normal, even in NORMAL PEOPLE (whatever those are).

Try to enjoy the wedding. I know there is a lot to do but don't forget that in the end, no matter what happens, she'll be married and that's the important part. 

If you need to take a few minutes in a quiet room to reflect, do it. Sometimes a few minutes of quiet help. Stay focused on your daughter. This is her day. Things will go wrong, they always do. Try to ignore the problems if you can. I know, easier said that done. 

Let us know how it went. I know you've been working like crazy to pull this off. I'm sure it will be a wonderful day that you'll all remember fondly.

It's over.  I'm still in recovery.  I can't really explain it.

But all went well. Well not all and I was upset about a couple things, but my daughter thought it was awesome and that's all that counts.  The groom tried to keep it together but a few tears still escaped.  She was so beautiful!  Of course I think that anyway.  I don't have many pix of my own yet.  I didn't have a place for my phone/camera and the professional photographers have to do their thing before we get to see them.  We also had disposable 'wedding' cameras for guests to take pictures during the reception.  Watchin my husband dance with his first born to the Eagles "Pretty Maids" was awesome.  It's been a special song for years.  DH had to sing it to her so he wouldn't lose it. 

People kept leaving so we ended the reception earlier than expected.  No garter or throw the bouquet.  No fantastic sendoff.  They both stayed and helped us clean up instead of leaving.  They had a hotel for the night and should have left asap but my daughter felt she should help.  They will take their honeymoon in the summer.

BTW the reception started arount 5pm on a day that got cold (northern SC) and change of time worked against us.  And it was a sunday.  We think that's why people left.  The best part of that is that those that were left (die hard friends :) ) helped us clean and reset the venue.  I didn't have to go back Monday morning to do it by myself. 

I'm glad it went well! It seems like everyone had a good time, and there were no major triumphs or meltdowns ;)

People kept leaving so we ended the reception earlier than expected.  No garter or throw the bouquet.  No fantastic sendoff.  They both stayed and helped us clean up instead of leaving.  They had a hotel for the night and should have left asap but my daughter felt she should help.  They will take their honeymoon in the summer.

BTW the reception started arount 5pm on a day that got cold (northern SC) and change of time worked against us.  And it was a sunday.  We think that's why people left.  The best part of that is that those that were left (die hard friends :) ) helped us clean and reset the venue.  I didn't have to go back Monday morning to do it by myself. 

That's exactly what happened at my (big) wedding in August. Although I am in southern SC and it was HOTTTT. The reception ended early and not very many people stayed. My DH and I also stayed and helped cleaned up, no honeymoon night.

But your are right! The important part is that the people you love and important were there and shared the moment. Also your daughter seemed to have a wonderful time! That's what is important.

Congrats to your daughter and her new hubby!

Congratulations to you for your hard work and your family!! I'm glad it went well!

Yay for your friends.

It sounds like it was beautiful and your daughter was happy! Now, it's time to sleep for a week. :)

Thanks for asking Melissa. Overall I'm doing well. Its like a weight lifted to have the wedding over. I'm not sleeping well though. Its 1:25am. I don't quite understanding. I've started on 30mg aderrall xr. Then a boost of 15mg when I need it. I fall asleep between 8-10pm but waken3-4 hrs later. That's whether I take klonopin or not.

We froze the last of the catering leftovers the other day. I wanted to use my food saver but it died after several years of moderate use. Oh well. 2.5yr old grandson is acting out im sure due to everything going on. Its weird to think of my daughter as married even tho she will be 27 on Tues. It suits her. I can't believe its been a week already!

To be honest I have no idea how I accomplished the wedding.  We did have some help and I had meds :cool:  I'm so glad it's over.  I really tried to enjoy the process, but didn't always succeed.  I couldn't even see tdoc during this time because I didn't have the time.  We tried for a phone appointment during a near meltdown but I was so slammed that I had to cancel.  That wasn't just wedding stuff, but stuff that comes with having 5 kids ;)  

I thought about the aderrall affecting my sleep but wouldn't that keep me from sleeping to begin with?  I'll look into.  I may post about it in the med forum for aderrall

The adderall might be keeping you from sleeping to begin with but TBO I really don't know.  It is a stimulant so it is possible that with too much it would keep you awake. 

I think it would be a good idea to post about it (adderall) in the med forum ... I don't have much to offer for advice other than what I've said because I have never been on it.