CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
angel_heart

What has been the craziest thing you've done lately?

I just thought I'd start this thread so people can share those moments when they are being a bit on the crazy acting side.  

I thought it would be helpful to write down when we are having our crazy moments  so that we become more aware of our tendencies to do so. 

So what has been the craziest thing you've done lately?

Well, I think I've been sleepwalking. I fall asleep on my couch but this morning I woke up on the bathroom floor and the other night I woke up in the bedroom closet. 

Crazy Crazy of me to not remember if I took my meds so I took them again.   Man, was I messed up; never again will I double dose. 

This sounds pretty crazy to me.  You know how you hear about a straw being driven into a tree during a tornado?  I was wondering if a small piece of soft metal, traveling at speeds over 850 ft per second, would cause my hair to stick in the Sheetrock like the straw in the tree.

Sleeping on the floor for the last week. Thankfully, my mum did some reality checking with me so I now know that the music I'm hearing in the living room (I've been sleeping early, it's not like they're playing it late or anything) is actually real this time, so I'm a liiiiittle less bothered about sleeping on the floor. Granted, a better option would be to ask the neighbour to turn it down a notch, but that involves interacting with people and I don't want to right now, so there.

I've blown about $600 on stuff for my new place, buying things I said I was going to wait on or things that I don't need right away. But some of them were worth it! $75 coffee table and side tables set! Sure, I don't have a couch yet, or a TV, or anything for those tables to go around, but $75!

I packed my entire room in two days, more than a month before I was even set to take possession of my new home, and it only took two days because I ran out of boxes on the first day. Some of the stuff I've bought has been just so I can pack more boxes.

I signed up - and was approved - for a credit card. Lordy I hope I'm making a sane decision with this one!

listened to a dog howl for 5 mins, then realized it wasn't our outside dog, asked hubby if he heard it...no.  :/

Spent nearly $250 on a tablet computer.

Was it on sale? If not; yes, crazy crazy

No, it was full price. Yeah, it was stupid.

Crazy crazy for me to get back together with Joel; at least he's getting me a promise ring.    And crazy of me to think that will make me feel more secure.   

Is this supposed to be a thread for slightly humorous, zany stories?  Or are we actually recounting behavior due to our MI that has made our life worse?  Are we being more "OMG!!!!!!!  Can you believe it?!?!?"  Or are talking about what happened when we were really ill and pain and suffering came into our lives?  

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about kind of joking about "crazy" shit that we've done and kind of laughing at it.  But that thread belongs in the Whatever board, not one that deals with suffering from MI, emphasis on the suffering.  Because if we are really recounting our symptoms, that's going to tend to be more serious.  Yeah, its kind of funny that I recently impulsively paid to have 20 Altoids tins shipped to my house (and I think that incident would fit the tone of this thread), but I also got really obsessive when I was at the doctor's and was rambling almost incoherently about my medicine and it set me back days and I've had to really try to get the symptoms back under control before I become really sick.  There's nothing particularly zany, or "crazy" about that.  

Great or funny stories that come out of our lives are fine, but they need to be apart from a thread where I recount the kind of "crazy" things that bring on suffering.

Not trying to be a downer, just trying see things long term.  One post may be about driving to Wal-Mart at 3:30 in the morning to get a 23mm socket wrench because you had to work on your drive shaft right then!  But when the next "crazy" post is about screaming at your relatives because you believe they are trying to poison you, the juxtaposition could and should be avoided.  

Just a thought.

Is this supposed to be a thread for slightly humorous, zany stories?  Or are we actually recounting behavior due to our MI that has made our life worse?  Are we being more "OMG!!!!!!!  Can you believe it?!?!?"  Or are talking about what happened when we were really ill and pain and suffering came into our lives?  

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing bad about kind of joking about "crazy" shit that we've done and kind of laughing at it.  But that thread belongs in the Whatever board, not one that deals with suffering from MI, emphasis on the suffering.  Because if we are really recounting our symptoms, that's going to tend to be more serious.  Yeah, its kind of funny that I recently impulsively paid to have 20 Altoids tins shipped to my house (and I think that incident would fit the tone of this thread), but I also got really obsessive when I was at the doctor's and was rambling almost incoherently about my medicine and it set me back days and I've had to really try to get the symptoms back under control before I become really sick.  There's nothing particularly zany, or "crazy" about that.  

Great or funny stories that come out of our lives are fine, but they need to be apart from a thread where I recount the kind of "crazy" things that bring on suffering.

Not trying to be a downer, just trying see things long term.  One post may be about driving to Wal-Mart at 3:30 in the morning to get a 23mm socket wrench because you had to work on your drive shaft right then!  But when the next "crazy" post is about screaming at your relatives because you believe they are trying to poison you, the juxtaposition could and should be avoided.  

Just a thought.

I agree, I meant this thread to actually share the craziest thing you've done.   We can focus more on what you mentioned.  

Thanks for your input; let's see how it runs its course.     

$250 for a tablet computer is an investment sometimes.. especially for an eReader, it saves in book prices and you can get eReader apps. I use 3 on my Samsung Mega (huge phone/tablet, POS) If you had spent $850 on the newest iPad I'd personally come yell at you and make you return it. And NOT for store credit.

Um.. for me.. I've been isolating? That's crazy for me.. I usually go out.. I guess it's because I think people are against me. There are a couple people I trust.. I'm mostly at home with my BF. I'll go to therapy, gdoc, pdoc..

Saves money since I won't let myself buy shit online this month.

Just a thought.

I agree, I meant this thread to actually share the craziest thing you've done.   We can focus more on what you mentioned.  

Thanks for your input; let's see how it runs its course.     

This is one of the most dismissive, insulting, brushoffs I've received in a while.  Did you study execu-speak?  Motivational "Leadership"?  "Facilitator Group Leader"?

Spending $250 impulsively is not only not "crazy" it trivializes the real issue of MI and doing crazy things.  I really hope you reconsider line of action, but I don't think you will, so I won't bother you with it again.

Potential bp person here but this guy was SEVERE. 

This is still my craziest. I hooked up with a manic guy on a psych ward for ~3 months. It was really romantic and he wrote me poems.  He would always talk about the future and kiss me on the cheek in front of the nurses. Too bad he kept on punching people in the face(not me). There is no way that the mental health act could protect him in these instances because he wasn't manic anymore. He just liked to punch people in the face. I wouldn't sleep with him.  Now, a few weeks once we're out, he dumps me because he wants batman and sleep with lots of girls. His words. 

Spending $250 impulsively is not only not "crazy" it trivializes the real issue of MI and doing crazy things.  I really hope you reconsider line of action, but I don't think you will, so I won't bother you with it again.

Umm that depends upon what one can afford. I know that there are many around here who would not be able to afford an extra $250 on something they do not need.

The craziest thing I did was email, send cards, and call to leave messages to a male DR (neuropsychologist) who worked at a well-known psychiatric hospital, whom at the time I "loved," and sent my picture with his connected in a card.  I did this for maybe ?2 years.  I must have sent 15 or 20 cards to him, emailed him almost every day.  Eventually when I came around and went on meds (the correct ones) I figured out he didn't love me, and I stopped sending him stuff.  It was actually embarrassing, looking back on it. (This is the long story very short).

I was manic and couldn't sleep so I went to the store and bought sleep aid.  I took too many and eventually blacked out.  I have no recollection of that evening.

Prior to taking the sleep aid, I remember I took my son to his boxing gym and argued with the gym owner.  I remember driving to the store to buy the sleep aid and taking them right after i bought it.   

I have snippets of memories of screaming at the gym owner and nothing else.  I don't remember a thing and certainly don't recall driving home.  

This complete memory loss still haunts me to this day; I don't know how I acted with my son.   I don't know how I made it to bed.

I woke up the next morning mortified and scared.  I timidly asked my son how 'it' went that night and he responded by saying very little information.

Though this happened over four years ago, I still think about that lost evening and try to recall the next day is still blurry to me.

One of the craziest thing I've done recently was smoke pot.  I became psychotic and then blacked out.