CrazyBoards.org

Damn time Change

Is it throwing anyone else off ? I'm hoping it's just one of those days. 

Usually I get a huge spiritual uplift from service and the music on Sundays. Today it just seemed like I was there. I'm not "dick in the dirt" depressed thank God but my Mood is definitely less than level. 

Hoping this isn't the start of a downward spiral. Just upped to 300 Lamictal, if it last 3 days I might call Pdoc and up to 350 then 400. 

Good news is mixed episodes are so much less severe on current cocktail then they used to be. A day like this would of been so much worse before last med change. today's it's just been a couple pops up and mostly down. It isn't actually mixed. It's as if it is going from flat out mixed to rapid cycling which is much more manageable. 

The time change screws with my head, too. Always has as long as I can remember. I've been having a noticeable downturn in mood the past few weeks (increasingly erratic sleep, appetite changes, nightmares, increase in negative thoughts, loss of motivation, urge to isolate/withdraw), so in anticipation of the time change my meds have been upped and I've been using the light box religiously every day. So far it hasn't gotten worse, hoping it stays that way. And I hope you can avoid the pit as well.

I loathe Daylight Savings Time.  It is no longer needed.   Now the clocks are set to the REAL time.  The night is earlier. the morning light will come sooner.

Please leave the time alone.  

Boycott DST. (lol)

I'm going to have to get a Light Box with SSI Back payments. Can anyone recommend the best ones out there ? Affordability in mind !

Mine was the cheapest I could find, around $70-$80, and it works really well. 

Looks like it's even cheaper now: http://www.amazon.com/NatureBright-SunTouch-Plus-Light-Therapy/dp/B000W8Y7FY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383548179&sr=8-1&keywords=nature+bright+light

I'm going to have to get a Light Box with SSI Back payments. Can anyone recommend the best ones out there ? Affordability in mind !

Mine was the cheapest I could find, around $70-$80, and it works really well. 

Looks like it's even cheaper now: http://www.amazon.com/NatureBright-SunTouch-Plus-Light-Therapy/dp/B000W8Y7FY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383548179&sr=8-1&keywords=nature+bright+light

Thank you Hagar. Glad to know it works well and it is inexpensive too.

The SAD lamps really help, there are also the wake up lights which have similar light and just brighten over 30min or so, it helps getting up in the morning if you are having trouble getting out of bed when it's dark. I can't recommend any of the cheaper ones though, I went with the basic Lumie model. I have had both a SAD lamp and the wake-uplight for a short time now, and it has really helped a lot. 

thanks for Amazon link. 2nd day in a row with definite depression. Although it is mild it's been a while with a couple down days for no reason. Called Pdoc to talk about Lamictal adjustment with ni response.

Of course, why would a doctor get back to a patient who could be slipping into an unmanageable depression. These are always the warning signs, what I am feeling now. Can't describe it I just know how my body feels. 

I woke up early kept window open all day to let sun in. Still nada .. Oh well, it is what it is I suppose.

We're going to need to change the bulbs in our lava lamps. As teenagers, my friends and I would only give each other funny lamps for birthdays or Christmas. Wish I still had them!

The time change really fucked up my sleep that night. In Canada, even southern ON, where I live, we have short days.. light from about 7:30am-4pm in the winter. I don't mind it so much. I don't mind snow. 

I do feel bad for my friend that works midnights who didn't get paid for that hour though.