CrazyBoards.org

Restless sleeping ... and waking up

What does it mean when you have so much restless sleep, that it is as if you wake up only because you are frustrated you "can't" act out what is in your dream?  Does that make sense?

ie, I was sleeping and when I woke up I was tossing and turning, and was physically and mentally stressed out that I couldn't "do" what it was I was trying to do in the dream. I was trying to escape from something, but at the same time trying to lift some books (I was in a book store), get some pens, etc. 

While I was dreaming, in the dream I couldn't get and do things ... it was like I was stuck or something, and the stress from that woke me up out of a deep sleep. 

Does this happen to anyone else?

Yep. Are you under stress in general?

Temazepam is pretty much designed for this from what I understand, it doesn't so much put you to sleep as it does keep you there until you are at the right point of your sleep cycle, it helps me get sleep cycles right.

I think there is meant to be another stage of sleep between dreams and waking that it sound like you are missing out on

Yep. Are you under stress in general?

Temazepam is pretty much designed for this from what I understand, it doesn't so much put you to sleep as it does keep you there until you are at the right point of your sleep cycle, it helps me get sleep cycles right.

I think there is meant to be another stage of sleep between dreams and waking that it sound like you are missing out on

Yes, I am really stressed out, but Idk why.  It kind of crept up on me and is just getting more and more.  I had so much energy for a few days (way too much energy) so I cut back the wellbutrin for a couple days, and that hasn't helped.  I know I need to call pdoc and will do so Monday.  I'm allowed extra xanax and klonopin if needed, but even that isn't helping.

My sleeping has never really been "normal," but I can't remember a time I experienced something like this before.

It's one of those things that everyone goes through, MI or not. We just tend to do it more often/better/worse b/c we don't overly need valid reasons to be stressed. If the wind changes we can stress.

Do you have a tdoc? IF there is a real world trigger to the stress, that potentially best fits the "modern" approach, but as you say, ring pdoc. If your pdoc will return a call rather than book you in just to deem it a tdoc thing that is a good option, he can probably judge better than a sleep deprived non-doc, or a bunch of randoms on the net.