CrazyBoards.org

I had one delusion for 7 yrs and am just getting over that. But now I'm getting the delusion that the devil is after me and I am the second coming. I know its a delusion but its hard to shake. I think I hear from god and the devil. I'm terrified of the devil. I think he's trying to possess me to keep me from fulfilling gods will for my life. I'm on Invega shots Invega tablets and Geodon but its not helping the hallucinations. I just want to be normal. How long does it take the meds to kick in and make the hallucinations stop?

How long have you been on the meds?

Definitely get in to see your doctor ASAP before it gets bad. Write down what you see/think/hear. Insight is good.

I've been on my new meds for almost 3 weeks. I do have insight but I'm just scared. I don't want this one to last as long as the last one. Should I give it more time to work? I just went to see my doctor on the first. He said I was doing good.

He already knew about the delusion. I went into the hospital because of them. He knows I've been having a problem with the thoughts of the devil chasing me and being the reincarnation of Jesus since Feb. I've been in the hospital twice because of it. He said I'm doing good. And it takes up to 6 wks for the meds to build up in your system. Is that true?

I'm getting insight on it which is better than before. Before I thought it was true and thought the tv was sending me messages. Now I don't think that and just feel the devil is after me and I hear from god. The voices are still pretty intense but they're quieting a little. I'm getting less confused. And seeing things in reality but the voices are still bothering me. They've become more positive though. They only get negative when I'm depressed. Is that a good sign? Should I give it more time? I go to see him again Dec 6th. Should I just wait til then to talk to him?

Yes, I think that is a good sign., I'm glad your doc knows everything and says you are doing good. I can't tell you what you should do.  Some meds do take up to 6 weeks to take effect, it sounds like they are starting to work.  

Edited by confused

He already knew about the delusion. I went into the hospital because of them. He knows I've been having a problem with the thoughts of the devil chasing me and being the reincarnation of Jesus since Feb. I've been in the hospital twice because of it. He said I'm doing good. And it takes up to 6 wks for the meds to build up in your system. Is that true?

Yes, it is true, it does take at least 6 weeks for the meds to build up in your system.  YMMV though.

Yes, it is true, it does take at least 6 weeks for the meds to build up in your system.  YMMV though.

What does YMMV mean?

What does YMMV mean?

It means "your mileage may vary," meaning it might take a little more than 6 weeks or a little less; everyone is different.

What does YMMV mean?

It means "your mileage may vary," meaning it might take a little more than 6 weeks or a little less; everyone is different.

Thanks...That really helped ease my mind. I'm just going to wait til Dec. to talk to my Pdoc. I think I'll be fine. Thanks for all the replies.

I'm glad you have insight. I hope your meds work ASAP. I know what it's like to wait for them to kick in. Blah. Hopefully they will start working soon.

In the meantime do you have a tdoc that you can reality check with? As in, when you get really scared and think it may be real, do you have someone you can talk to about it? That's helped me in the past. I currently don't have a tdoc at the moment, however. Oops.

I'm glad you have insight. I hope your meds work ASAP. I know what it's like to wait for them to kick in. Blah. Hopefully they will start working soon.

In the meantime do you have a tdoc that you can reality check with? As in, when you get really scared and think it may be real, do you have someone you can talk to about it? That's helped me in the past. I currently don't have a tdoc at the moment, however. Oops.

Yeah I do have a tdoc. I'm going to see him soon. I've already talked to him about this. But I think I need to bring it up again because I need someone to talk to. I'm glad you all were here to talk me down from my fears. And I'm sure just like before he'll talk to me about why my fears are irrational. I need that. Because it seems so real sometimes.

Yeah it is pretty Blah to wait for the meds to kick in. But I have the strength to make it through. I've been through worse with this damn disease. I'm finding ways to cope though and I know I'm not totally in reality. So that's good. I'm not as fearful anymore since I've talked about it with you all. SO thanks for listening to my ramblings.

I would suggest still giving your pdoc a call, just to check in before December. They need to know how you're doing, and they can assess whether or not you need to see them sooner. 

I'm glad you have a tdoc to talk to. My tdoc was very helpful when I was struggling with delusions. 

Good luck, and feel free to keep posting if you have more worries or distressing thoughts.