CrazyBoards.org

I'm 22 and I am a junior in college. I have a year and a half of school left to go before graduating. My period was over a week late this time, and it is never more than one day off. I am very regular. So, I started worrying a couple days after it was supposed to come and worried all weekend until this morning before getting ready for class, I took a test. The test came out positive. This could be from the stress of me worrying, but what are the odds of that? Anyway, I'll take a second to be sure in a couple of days. I am deffinately not ready for this when I am trying to finish school. The father knows already and assured me multiple times he will support whatever decision I make. So he will help, but practically speaking he is struggling to just keep himself a float. I do have some help from my best friend and her mom who would help me with anything, so even though my parents may not out of disappointment, I'm not in this on my own, but I'm just not ready! I want to finish school! I know I sound whinny and I should of been more careful. I told him we should of used Plan B, but I was told it should be fine. So much for that. Never trust what guys say. Pfft. Anyway, enough ranting. Any advice/support would be much appreciated. And what the hell am I supposed to do now?

False negatives are more common than false positives on preg tests, so I'd say that if the first test you did was positive, chances are high that you are indeed pregnant.  I am sorry that you find yourself in such a stressful situation.  Does your college have a counselling service?  If so, I'd really advise you to make an appointment to chat with someone f2f, so that you can talk through your options and get some help making decisions. Even though you say your best friend and her mom would do anything for you, speaking to someone professional who is not directly involved can be really useful.  And of course it'd also be a good idea to visit your doctor (family doctor or GP) to 100% confirm the pregnancy.

It is very unlikely that your positive pregnancy test was wrong. Stress does not cause a false positive result. Take another test to convince yourself if necessary, but you are very likely to be pregnant.

None of us can tell you what to do. This is something you need to work out with your partner (and friends, if you choose).

What did your boyfriend tell you to convince you that it would be "fine"?

I agree with everyone that you need to visit your school's Health Services office, first with an appointment with a doctor or NP to confirm that you are indeed pregnant.

Then it would be a good idea to talk to a counselor there to help you work through the alternatives in this situation.

If they don't have women's reproductive services on campus, maybe there is a Planned Parenthood office near you.  The staff there is experienced with talking to young women in this situation and will talk to you about the various alternatives.

As dedoubt said, none of us can make this decision for you.  I think it's a difficult one, but I'm sure you will do whatever is right for you. 

olga