CrazyBoards.org

is it possible to be both hypo and paranoid/delusional at the same time?

I ask because my t doc said, and I agree, that I sound a bit hypo manic at the moment. At the same time, I think people I know are watching me through the windows, particularly at times where I'm doing something where I can be criticized. Eh? Does that sound delusional?

All I know is I'm all over the map like my compass broke. I would say yes it is because I have experienced it, tho there is some on going discussion if I really am bipolar. But I can get delusional and paranoid in any mood, depressed or elevated. What has me confused is my cycles are unpredictable in recurrences and duration. I could be elevated for a week or two and then fall in to a mixed state of up and down followed by a baseline normal state, followed by a depressed state for any where from a day to month. I can go days or weeks normal baseline and sometimes my mood swings several time in one day. I have no idea what that's called but yea on top of all that I sure enough get delusional, paranoid and hallucinate some times, mostly auditory some times tactical, and rarely visual, usually it's just voices outside of me head like some one is next to me. With all that going on I can also experience breaks lasting as long as 1 to 3 years! So I'd say almost anything is possible :) 

I ask because my t doc said, and I agree, that I sound a bit hypo manic at the moment. At the same time, I think people I know are watching me through the windows, particularly at times where I'm doing something where I can be criticized. Eh? Does that sound delusional?

Totally possible.  I was like this for about a year when med non-compliant, lost a ton of weight, talking through music to people all around the world, and paranoid my parents (at the time) were after me (in a bad way).  Paranoid actually of almost everything in some way or another.  And sleep was rare; only happened when I had been up so long I just plain crashed.  I'd wake up not remembering some things, but then it all started all over again.

ETA:grammar

Edited by melissaw72

Are you changing anything to deal with the hypo/mania? I get irritable and paranoid before I go manic. By then I am floridly psychotic. Not saying that would happen, just that for me it is best to treat when I start having symptoms.

I'm not entirely sure ...not at all, actually...how to treat mania. Well besides breathing deeply. But my spending is not under control at all. I just spent 76 bucks on a bike for my friend, ray, as an early christmas present. Insane.

It sounds like it might be worth looking into raising your Lamictal, or possibly adding Lithium?  Lithium may be more effective at keeping mania under control than Lamictal, or so my pdoc has told me.

I'm sorry you're feeling this.  I've had hypo and hallucinations and delusions simultaneously, some of the worst times of my life.    Can you speak with your pdoc again soon?