CrazyBoards.org

Hi,

I've been on APs for 6 months. I completely lost my libido from day one of taking them. I mean COMPLETELY. Nothing at all. I recently changed meds from Risperidone to Zyprexa and still nothing. I really hope that it comes back once I complete my course of APs. I am supposed to take my meds for another 2 years so that's a long time of being totally asexual.

I am wondering if there are other guys that have totally and utterly lost their libidos on APs? Not just a reduced libido, I mean totally annihilated. I also wonder how long after stopping APs would I need to wait before it gets back to normal?

Edited by DanTheMan

I haven't had a problem with it on APs, but SSRIs completely destroyed my sex drive, especially Prozac which also took away my ability to even get an erection at all. It really sucked and contributed to the demise of my last relationship. Thankfully, after coming off them my libido bounced back pretty fast. Hang in there, and maybe even bring it up with your doctor. There might be something they can do.

I'm a woman, but I lost interest in sex when I took an ssri (lexapro).  My pdoc added wellbutrin and my sex drive came back. If you changed aap I guess you did ask your pdoc about it, though. Did you change to zyprexa recently? Maybe give it a little longer.  Risperdal raised my prolactin, a hormone.I don't know if that could affect libido. 

I didn't loose the drive on celexa it just made it impossible to climax.   Humm...  Ok, nearly impossible and it was like "All that for this?!"   I was taken off "Chillxia" and put on wellbutren and that was the solution.   For SURE report back to you doctor this side effect.  Maybe they have a plan B or maybe you just need to report it because the dose is too high or its not working right.

Edited by HAL9000