CrazyBoards.org

That was awesome - thank you for sharing.  Gay marriage was legalised in my country in 2006, and my sister married her longterm girlfriend in 2008.  I just got back from breakfast with her and my sister-in-law, and they were full of bubbles and happiness over my sister becoming a Girl Guide leader.  The girls in her group adore her, and couldn't care less about the fact that her spouse is a woman rather than a man.  I long to read about that sort of equality all over the world!

Glad that you found it helpful. I honestly cried. I've had girl friends become distant from me when they found out which really hurt because it was as if I would take advantage of them. In the end, I realized it was good riddance because I found new friends including gays (oh I love my gay friends) and straight girls who accepted me just for who I am.

I am glad that you have the accepting and loving friendships that you deserve. I adore my sister, and seeing how her life turned around when she was able to settle down and marry the woman she loves has made me increasingly vocal on the subject of gay rights.  As fantastic as the legalisation of gay marriage was, it hasn't completely dampened the hate of certain sectors, and there's still a lot of work to be done.  Although I'm in a different country, in a different context, I think that's the one thing I'd like to say to the people in the US states where it's being legalised now - i.e., it's definitely a huge step in the right direction, but unfortunately the battle for true equality on all levels continues.  I hope that the next generation - the kids who haven't been poisoned by a rigid upbringing - are able to take the drive for equality and humanity even further.

And I'm sorry - I don't mean to offend anyone by posting in this forum... it's just a subject that's close to my heart.

It is reassuring that some of our youth are not following their parents narrow view on life, Even though I am a 58 year old str8 male, I totally support equal rights for every one. And if I make this claim and I will support the right for free speech for every one including bad organizations I do not agree with like neo-nazis and Westboro church nuts or Scientology. Of course I will support gay marriage it's a no brainer. And I agree with that one girl that compared this with eye color. Should we stick to our own in eye color? Sounds absurd right? Well then hopefully you can see how absurd opposing gay marriage is.

Edited by IndieVisible

Thank you for sharing this. Children can grasp this simple concept, why is it so hard for adults? The dominoes are already falling. They've  lost, they just don't know it yet. If they legalize equal rights for everyone across the board they'll save themselves a lot of time and energy, time and energy that could be spent improving the quality of life, not devaluing it. You can't make a modern society and claim it's "enlightened" when such outright persecution exists. It's the same hate that fuels sexism, racism, and all the other isms of oppression. That's not a democracy, that's a fascist dictatorship pretending to be something else. The only reason the government has this much power over us is because we give it to them. We are the majority, and we have the power and the obligation to demand equal rights for all.

<snip>

That's not a democracy, that's a fascist dictatorship pretending to be something else. The only reason the government has this much power over us is because we give it to them.

Hey, how about that.  You and Rush Limbaugh both agree that the current executive administrative branch is fascist and headed by a dictator who want to take way the peoples' rights.  We should rise up and take our liberty back.  Molon Labe!