CrazyBoards.org

Can untreated Bipolar lead to Skitzophrenia/Shitzoaffective

Hey guys i am asking this question, i'm not sure if it's just everyone trying to scare me into taking the alien mind control medication or wether it's true but i was told untreated Bipolar can lead to skitzophrenia...

Everyone reckons i am showing signs of it in been paranoid but i really just know the truth about everything that is going on i am no longer blind and can see.

What is your view anyway? i didn't think it was possible to develop a disorder and that you had to have it from birth? I don't honestly know what to think any more from what people say.

i am so far from everyone else and the way the world works to even bother contemplating such trivial BS but i still want to know is this person speaking the truth or are they lying to me

Edited by AlienSlayer2013

I have never heard of bipolar becoming schizophrenia due to lack of treatment. That doesn't mean it's not possible, I just haven't heard of it. What I have heard of is the "kindling" theory where each episode of illness makes it easier for your brain to have another episode, leading to a worsened course of illness (more frequent, worse episodes) over time. I don't know if that theory is proven or not. 

If the kindling theory is true, and your illness gets worse, it stands to reason that you might have more psychotic symptoms in your manias than you had in the past, just because you are more severely manic but whether it would lead to you having psychotic symptoms outside of mood episodes (schizoaffective), I don't know. I'm not sure whether schizoaffective is regarded as just severe BP or whether it is considered to be fundamentally different in some way. 

Edited by mcjimjam

I believe they are considered distinct disorders, though difficult to figure out which is which sometimes, as they are similar. My last pdoc said I have bipolar disorder with psychosis, my new one leans towards sza because I have persistent delusional thinking and psychotic Sx outside of mood episodes.

Alienslayer- medication is not alien mind control. It is made by human beings to treat illnesses of all sorts.

Reading over many of your posts, I can't tell if you are legitimately ill or just a person trolling us crazies. So much of what you write is kind of in line with what people think "crazy people think"- almost a caricature. I've been crazy for decades and have known a lot of other crazies, and your symptoms/verbiage just doesnt ring quite true. Maybe it's just the way your MI manifests. Regardless, you need to get help.

Reading over many of your posts, I can't tell if you are legitimately ill or just a person trolling us crazies. So much of what you write is kind of in line with what people think "crazy people think"- almost a caricature. I've been crazy for decades and have known a lot of other crazies, and your symptoms/verbiage just doesnt ring quite true. Maybe it's just the way your MI manifests. Regardless, you need to get help.

^^ This.

^^ This.

I'm not fkn crazy i was asking a simple question....

I joined trying to figure out why i was been hospitalised involuntry all the time and why police were always been called. but i am in no means crazy can we keep no topic pls

Edited by AlienSlayer2013

BP symptoms range from fairly benign  mood swings to violent and unpredictable mood swings with constant paranoia.

Your symptoms lie in the extreme high end, and at this severity it is very difficult to seperate BP from Schiz.                               

It is important to remember that all Psych diagnoses are subjective, descriptive and arbitrary.     

It is entirely possible that one Psychiatrist might diagnose severe BP and another might diagnose Schiz.                

Whatever  AS ; you are in big mobs of steaming shit and you are NOT going to be able to pull yourself out of the dung pile by yourself.     And this is true whether you are a troll or a qualified Loony like the rest of us.           What are you doing associating with the Crazies anyway ???   

What is your view anyway? i didn't think it was possible to develop a disorder and that you had to have it from birth? I don't honestly know what to think any more from what people say.

I don't think anyone has a definitive answer to this, but I esonate with pdoc's view that some people have the genes there, not all of thosewill go on to suffer with it, you generally need something to kick it into gear. For me it might have been a combo of moving interstate, lacking a support network, and either being viewed as, or me feeling like i was an outsider, which can lead to suspicions and snowball from there. I also have epilepsy and the two disorders don't like each other very much.

And for what it's worth, what gassss999 said about dx is pretty solid, there might be tests available now, but for the most part it is lots of guess work, so focusing on diagnosis labels isn't overly helpful. I've had docs say sza, bp 1, or depression with psychosis, but treatment [and suckiness] stayed fairly steady through that.

The mind control thing is tough, from my understanding constas and other injectable AAP's that last weeks-a month are good for this b/c it makes it harder to skip doses.

I think you should give treatment a go, and I can't guarantee I'm not an alien, I feel like one at times, but good luck what ever you do

What I think is possible is that you've been misdiagnosed with Bipolar when you actually have Schizoaffective, Bipolar Type.  It seems you are displaying a lot of paranoia already about aliens, mind control, etc.  

No. if you have a correct dx than it won't transform into sz, but you can get worse. Diagnoses can change over time.  My dx changed ftom bp1 with psychotic features to schizoaffective bipolar type because my pdoc noticed more details over time, but the illness itself hadn't changed

edit:  They may not actually be lying.  They may not know, or you may have misunderstood.

You are headed down a dangerous route alienslayer.  You could lose all insight.  Your symptoms appear to be getting worse.  You are already violent and having bizarre thoughts.

Edited by confused

You seem to be manic with also some paranoia and delusions. To be SZA you have no mood trouble and are still psychotic for 2 weeks. SZ people are psychotic for 6 months. They don't have as much or if any trouble with mood. Negative symptoms occur with SZA and SZ too.

You are unmedicated and bipolar with psychotic features according to your sig. You need meds and therapy to deal with your BPD and BP.

That's really the only way to go.

I'm also uncertain as to why you keep coming here and posting the same things over and over again. We are a pro-treatment site. We are going to tell you the same thing over and over again. You have some insight because you know enough to post on a crazy board site in the proper sections (BP board). If you had zero insight you would be posting on some conspiracy theory board. So use the insight you have to go and get some medical help from a professional. You are not cured from this either. It doesn't go away.

I am scared for your fiance still too. You wanted to smash her head in the other day. She deserves a well and not sick fiance. You deserve to be well too.

Go and call your dr now. I mean it. Do it NOW. No waiting or ignoring what I've just said. Stop ignoring the good advice that everyone is giving you. You need to man up and take some responsibility for taking control of your illnesses. No one deserves to get hurt by you and you do not deserve to suffer (and you are suffering and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be posting on an MI board). So go CALL YOUR DR NOW! I'm sick of your ignoring the advice from everyone. If you aren't going to call your dr then you may as well stop posting because you aren't going to get any different advice or answers. What do you expect from us? Being a pro-treatment site and knowing this, yet posting that you are anti-treatment? You may as well stop posting if you refuse this advice again. What's the point of your posts anyways? We just tell you to call your dr and take your meds every time.

And I agree that you sound troll-ish. It seems like your MI is almost a caricature, I agree totally.

Either way, get some treatment. I hope your dr gives you an injection of an AP or AAP. Ask about them. They help a lot.

But I still don't get why you want to associate with us here at CB if you aren't crazy and are cured. Doesn't make any sense at all.

You seem to be manic with also some paranoia and delusions. To be SZA you have no mood trouble and are still psychotic for 2 weeks. SZ people are psychotic for 6 months. They don't have as much or if any trouble with mood. Negative symptoms occur with SZA and SZ too.

You are unmedicated and bipolar with psychotic features according to your sig. You need meds and therapy to deal with your BPD and BP.

That's really the only way to go.

I'm also uncertain as to why you keep coming here and posting the same things over and over again. We are a pro-treatment site. We are going to tell you the same thing over and over again. You have some insight because you know enough to post on a crazy board site in the proper sections (BP board). If you had zero insight you would be posting on some conspiracy theory board. So use the insight you have to go and get some medical help from a professional. You are not cured from this either. It doesn't go away.

I am scared for your fiance still too. You wanted to smash her head in the other day. She deserves a well and not sick fiance. You deserve to be well too.

Go and call your dr now. I mean it. Do it NOW. No waiting or ignoring what I've just said. Stop ignoring the good advice that everyone is giving you. You need to man up and take some responsibility for taking control of your illnesses. No one deserves to get hurt by you and you do not deserve to suffer (and you are suffering and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't be posting on an MI board). So go CALL YOUR DR NOW! I'm sick of your ignoring the advice from everyone. If you aren't going to call your dr then you may as well stop posting because you aren't going to get any different advice or answers. What do you expect from us? Being a pro-treatment site and knowing this, yet posting that you are anti-treatment? You may as well stop posting if you refuse this advice again. What's the point of your posts anyways? We just tell you to call your dr and take your meds every time.

Thanks Wonderful Cheese.  That is my thought, too.  I

Alienslayer, if you are just going to go round in circles and not take any advice it's pointless.  I was hoping someone would be able to get through to you, but that doesn't seem to have happened.