CrazyBoards.org

Going IP or PHP tomorrow

I am not doing well at all. My BP symptoms are terrible as are Psychotic symptoms. I am not functioning and am having a terrible time getting in to see a pdoc. So to speed up the process because quite honestly I cant do this anymore, I am giving in and going IP or PHP...the place I usually go to is full right now but may have a discharge tomorrow....please pray/cross your fingers that there is a bed for me. I have been seeing a gdoc for meds for a year because I was pissed at pdocs and hospitals. Now I understand why they treated me (med wise) the way they did. I regret leaving the hospital last year and swearing I would never see a pdoc again. I am now right back to square one. Hopefully they will prescribe an AAP for my psychosis. It is getting bad.

If they can't find a bed for you at that hospital, are there any others nearby you could be admitted to? I hope they can find one. And I hope they can help get you well. Most recently I was IP back in the summer and came out feeling loads better. And don't beat yourself up about past mistakes. We've all been there. It'll be okay.

If they can't find a bed for you at that hospital, are there any others nearby you could be admitted to? I hope they can find one. And I hope they can help get you well. Most recently I was IP back in the summer and came out feeling loads better. And don't beat yourself up about past mistakes. We've all been there. It'll be okay.

Yes there are other hospitals, but this one is private and therefore you don't have to bother with the ER or anything like that. Plus my experiences with this hospital has been positive and I feel like I would get the best results there. However, IF there are no beds and IF they cant even get me into the PHP program either...I will HAVE to settle for the second choice. I just cant go another day like this. Not one more day.

I just cant go another day like this. Not one more day.

I know exactly what you mean. Hopefully they will find a spot for you at your preferred hospital, and if they can't, I hope the other hospital will be just as accommodating as that one. Take care of yourself. Thinking good thoughts for your recovery!

I'm sorry that you're feeling so awful - I hope you get a place in your preferred hospital and are able to start getting the treatment you need as quickly as possible.  Don't beat yourself up for your past decisions - you certainly aren't the first among us who quit seeing a pdoc.  What's important is that you've spoken up and asked for help now - that's very brave. 

• 2 weeks later...