CrazyBoards.org

Any body on Viibryd?

I did the same thing when I was on Viibryd, I was always too depressed to eat so I never took it right and it did absolutely jack shit for me because of that. 

My psych nurse told me I could just eat a piece of toast or an apple with it, but I've read varying amounts online from 350 to 600 calories. 

• 1 month later...

I'm glad this was brought up, because I was overthinking this. Having had issues with nausea (trauma-induced anorexia), I was skeptical when my pdoc told me to take this med with a big meal. I *do* trust her and she's amazing (I finally found the one for me!) but I had a theory that she wanted to give me a mental advantage over any possible nausea by giving me a way to avoid the side effect and not telling me about it so I wouldn't, ya know, overthink that as well.

And, voila! Here is this post. I'm hard pressed to believe everyone else's pdoc told them the same innocuous untruth, and so I accept it as fact now. I'd be curious to know how or why a med would be more effective with food.

I've been on Viibryd for almost 2 years now but for the past couple of weeks, I've been feeling very depressed. Although I will add, it has worked tremendously for me throughout those 2 years. I'm not sure what it exactly could be but I've been drinking anything with caffeine just to pull me out of it. This morning I got up and I was so depressed, I almost felt like I couldn't do anything. Anyways, it doesn't make much of a difference if you eat it with something. I would never eat anything after taking it and there were times when I felt fine, but I suggest you eat something when take it.