CrazyBoards.org

Hi guys, I'm pretty sure I haven't done anything wrong because I can still log into my account using my 3G or a proxy server but for some reason I haven't been able to get on here all day with my home internet. I assume I'm not banned given I can still access my account at all. I've tried clearing the cache, removing cookies, rebooting, resetting my modem, changing my IP address and using 3 different browsers. The site is obviously working, just hating me. Could someone check on this for me please and let me know if my IP has been banned or something by accident please? Thanks in advance! I'm suffering crazyboard withdrawals :P

Just in case your message isn't seen, I would suggest sending a PM to the administrators.  VelvetElvis is usually here at some point during the day, so you could ask him.  The other admins are sylvan, Wooster, WinterRosie.....I'm blanking.  sigh.  No coffee yet.  Anyway, I hope that one of them might be able to assist you.

olga

Thanks guys. in_media_res, I did try to change DNS servers, didn't help :( I think I've fixed it for now (ended up resetting my modem then spent the next 12 hours tearing my hair out trying to get it to reconnect to the interwebs). So far so good but thanks :)

192 168 and anything in that range are private numbers meant to designate an internal address-- not what we were looking for, in other words, it's the address for you on your network.

Um...  you can just google "What is my IP" and google will tell you, or you can go to any of those sites.

192 168 and anything in that range are private numbers meant to designate an internal address-- not what we were looking for, in other words, it's the address for you on your network.

Um...  you can just google "What is my IP" and google will tell you, or you can go to any of those sites.

Oh thankyou (I'm not very tech savvy). I deleted that number in case it was something I wasn't supposed to disclose :s It's all good. Resetting my router seems to have fixed the problem :) Thanks though!

No worries!  the "um" was because I realized I was getting into really technical explanations and sometimes I'm not sure if I'm talking down to people or if I'm over their heads, you know?

I'm glad resetting your router fixed the problem!  That's usually the first thing to do in signs of computer trouble-- well, after you make sure the cables are connected :D

Resetting your router typically changes your IP address unless you pay for a static IP address.  When you unplug the router the "network" (cable, dsl, whatever) sees you "leave" and recycles your IP.  So when you plug it back up, you get assigned a new one. If your provider is a big one like Time Warner your new IP could be within a pretty huge range of their assigned IPs.  If your provider is smaller then the range will be pretty close to the IP you had before.  Sorry.  Web Developer diarrhea of the mouth.  :)

No worries!  the "um" was because I realized I was getting into really technical explanations and sometimes I'm not sure if I'm talking down to people or if I'm over their heads, you know?

I'm glad resetting your router fixed the problem!  That's usually the first thing to do in signs of computer trouble-- well, after you make sure the cables are connected :D

Lol, all good :) And yeah, had checked the cables. Hard reset of the router caused many hours worth of headaches but so far still good!

Resetting your router typically changes your IP address unless you pay for a static IP address.  When you unplug the router the "network" (cable, dsl, whatever) sees you "leave" and recycles your IP.  So when you plug it back up, you get assigned a new one. If your provider is a big one like Time Warner your new IP could be within a pretty huge range of their assigned IPs.  If your provider is smaller then the range will be pretty close to the IP you had before.  Sorry.  Web Developer diarrhea of the mouth.   :)

Ahh thanks. I had unplugged it previously but maybe not for long enough because the problem was still there when I plugged it back in. Resetting to factory settings worked (but took me way too long to find the disk and set the whole thing back up! Gah!)