CrazyBoards.org

I take a small dose then what i should of Latuda only 40mg and it doesn't completely take away all the voices or delusions sometimes so i still hear things and i also feel in social situations that people are using references when they speak to harm me.  Aside from all that i play video games a lot and what i'm wondering is if anyone else gets voices that help them?

For instance in some games when they are really fast paced beside the voices putting me down and saying bad things they also tell me to check something here and there.  A good example is when i play starcraft 2.  I need to place supply depots down so i can produce more units that attack the player and it's as if my voices tell me when i need to place one and they are right.

I'm just wondering if beyond the harshness, do any of your voices help you sometimes?

Yes, this has happened to me too.  There was one time years ago the lady above me flooded my living room, and when it happened I didn't know it was happening; all I heard was this waterfall sound, like it was in the walls.  The voice said to me, "You might want to get those cords off the floor," and I "said" "Maybe you're right ...".  So I got the extension cords orr the ground, and sure enough within minutes there was a FLOOD of water coming down the walls and onto the floor.  If it hadn't of been for that voice those cords would have gotten all wet.

I was also shopping in Costco with my parents, and we al split up.  When I was done I went to find them, and I couldn't find them anywhere.  Then "someone" "said" to me they were in the bread section. So I went there and sure enough they were there.

A lot of other similar things have happened also, but those 2 really stick out.  I can't remember them all, but the voices were definitely helpful to me.

I'm curious why you are taking less latuda then prescribed.  Is it so you can get this guidance during video games or is there more?

I've had voices that seemed to guide me on what to do in certain situations.  I don't know if it's similar.  When they stopped I felt somewhat lost.

I have voices that tell of future technologies. This is part of what my government voice does (besides threatening me or telling me what to do) is tell me of all the cool things that are coming out in the future, and even scary things. He told me that the government is spying on everyone well before it broke on the news about the NSA. This is exactly what the NSA does, spy on people who never committed a crime. Also he told me of insect drones before it was on CNN. He told me of other technologies as well about what the government does to people. I hate it when it turns out to be true and its on the actual news. 

I should be taking around 60mg of latuda but i didn't like the side effects and i told my doctor that i can live with some voices and delusions.  They're not a constant hound since i don't get stressed working full time anymore.  Besides the voices and the thought that people are trying to harm me with words is all the symptoms i get.  Neither are super intense.  I went a long time untreated for delusions and voices.  I'm not saying i'm superman but i like to think that i can handle a lot and usually i know when things are getting bad.  Also i'm learning how to deal with my social paranoia.  I hope one day i'll just know it's just me being paranoid.

Thanks for the response Tewlz.  It sounds like your pdoc knows and is prescribing 40mg? That wouldn't be my choice-to be somewhat symptomatic for less side effects.

I know someone who had heard voices that were mean and caused him distress.  They never went away, but they changed to more guiding, kind voices with medication. 

I don't do anything my voices tell me other then times like these where i don't see how i could danger myself or anyone else.  I have noticed that with medication my voices are not as harsh as they were.  Actually i am also prescribed viibryd 80mg and ever since then things have been looking up.  It doesn't help with motivation much but it keeps me from feeling down all the time.