CrazyBoards.org

I am thinking that i should go into inpatient care...I'm in the midst of a mixed episode and it keeps getting worse.

How long were you in the hospital before you were stabilized on meds and released?

Thanx for reading and hopefully answering.

I don't know, maybe they like me in there.  I'm not sure why they always keep me that long, maybe because I never ask to be discharged I'm not sure.  Lots of the patients stay for awhile when I'm in there, and its always the same faces showing up.  

I'm here in Canada where it's free for us to stay in the hospital.  A few years ago a nurse told me its around $800 a night to stay in there, probably more now.  Maybe they keep us in there that long to get tax payers money.  Who knows.  

Hopefully you feel better soon.  Just be honest with them and let them know how you are feeling and whats going on right now in your life.

Edited by Girl

I'm here in Toronto Canada where its free for us to stay in the hospital.  A few years ago a nurse told me its around $800 a night to stay in there, probably more now.  Maybe they keep us in there that long is to get tax payers money.  Who knows.  

Hopefully you feel better soon.  Just be honest with them and let them know how you are feeling and whats going on right now in your life.

Thank you appreciate your reply... Cuz to do IOP it be 77 dollars a week (including gas) and i don't get to see a psychiatrist their until Dec 9th even thought i am considered priority.... so that like 209 dollars for 3 weeks of intensive group therapy 4 times a week. It's sadly in my opinion a waste of money for me personally...

Happily spoke to my ma and she agreed i should get help @ a mental health hospital.

I was in the psych ward 3 times last year. I was in for a week each time. The first time, I lied and claimed that I no longer believed that tracking chips were in our heads just so I could get out. That hospital would have kept me for months if I didn't lie.  :blink:

In my area, the only way a hospital accepts someone is if they are in danger of hurting themselves or others. 

If you are in danger, I do hope you go to the hospital. Since your mixed episode is getting worse and you can't see your pdoc, you should either go to the hospital or call your pdoc to see if they have had any cancellations from other people. If there is a cancellation, maybe they could squeeze in an appointment for you. 

I hope you hang in there and get some good care soon!

The doctors here write Forms on us extending our stay and whether we are involuntary or voluntary.  I've had to go against a Consent and Capacity Board with a lawyer a few times just to try to get out of there.  It's a stressful ordeal.  People in there who don't know whats going on or can't read english can have a whole pile of Forms stacked on their dresser and I have to tell them to call their family to come and intervene.  It's pretty sad.  

But don't worry CherryBlossom, that likely won't happen to you.  Just hope you can get help soon and find a med or meds that will make you feel better.  I also tried Lithium but it made me throw up 50% of the time after I took it.  Right now I've been fine for over 2 years on a low dose antipsychotic.  

Edited by Girl

Normally I stay a week at a time. Except this year I stayed closer to 2 weeks (a day short of 2 weeks). But the doctor wanted to keep me even longer but I begged to get out of there. I have been hospitalized 10 times. I wish you luck. I hope you get better. Last time I was in the hospital I had a manic episode with psychosis. The manic episode is long over but the psychosis lasted nearly a year but in varying intensities in that year long period. Sometimes I have insight and other times I don't. The part I enjoy at the hospital is the patients themselves. That is the only thing besides the groups that kill time. Where I go there is no Internet and I am literally addicted to the Internet. This last stay was the best because I made friends. I still have their phone numbers. They made me laugh all the time. Even though I was psychotic and half the time being incoherent. Not to scare you I did have one horrible time at the hospital in which I was severely bullied by the patients and the doctors. Because I was suicidal due to the bullying, the doctor was ready to put me in a state hospital and then they would keep me for months. Luckily it didn't happen, I just lied and said "I am fine." I NEEDED To do that because of the bullying, it wasn't safe for me to be there. So it can go both ways but don't worry it won't happen to you. I have been bullied all my life including as an adult, I am just a target for bad things to happen. This year's psychotic break was the worst I've had since I was around 13 and I am 30 now. My psychotic breaks are getting worse by the year due to the extreme stress I go through. Next year we are moving. That is stressful in of itself. OK sorry if I did anything wrong. Just telling you my experiences. I've had good and bad. 

Usually I stay a week. The longest I've ever stayed was 10 days and the shortest 5 days. Sometimes I've left stabilized and sometimes I've left feeling still symptomatic. I think the key to deciding whether or not to go is either you might hurt yourself or others or your so disabled you can't function. That is the criteria they use for hospital admissions here. I hope you find some relief soon.

Normally I stay a week at a time. Except this year I stayed closer to 2 weeks (a day short of 2 weeks). But the doctor wanted to keep me even longer but I begged to get out of there. I have been hospitalized 10 times. I wish you luck. I hope you get better. Last time I was in the hospital I had a manic episode with psychosis. The manic episode is long over but the psychosis lasted nearly a year but in varying intensities in that year long period. Sometimes I have insight and other times I don't. The part I enjoy at the hospital is the patients themselves. That is the only thing besides the groups that kill time. Where I go there is no Internet and I am literally addicted to the Internet. This last stay was the best because I made friends. I still have their phone numbers. They made me laugh all the time. Even though I was psychotic and half the time being incoherent. Not to scare you I did have one horrible time at the hospital in which I was severely bullied by the patients and the doctors. Because I was suicidal due to the bullying, the doctor was ready to put me in a state hospital and then they would keep me for months. Luckily it didn't happen, I just lied and said "I am fine." I NEEDED To do that because of the bullying, it wasn't safe for me to be there. So it can go both ways but don't worry it won't happen to you. I have been bullied all my life including as an adult, I am just a target for bad things to happen. This year's psychotic break was the worst I've had since I was around 13 and I am 30 now. My psychotic breaks are getting worse by the year due to the extreme stress I go through. Next year we are moving. That is stressful in of itself. OK sorry if I did anything wrong. Just telling you my experiences. I've had good and bad. 

Your answer was great. You did nothing wrong. I have psychosis during all my manic episodes. :( but they say that's a possibility for mania.

I was in for almost 2 weeks back in the summer for an out-of-control mixed episode. I was much better when I was released, thankfully. I hope you can get some relief.

What do you mean by out-of control mixed episode? if i may ask

and thank you for your get well wishes